May 11, 2008

Welcoming Nathania Lexie

I remember that day. I went to Lynette's house because I couldn't get hold of her. She wasn't answering my calls or messages and I didn't know what was wrong. Reaching her house, her mother came to the gate.

"She's not answering my calls or messages. Is something wrong?" I asked.

I didn't expect the answer. Her mom's face fell and she told us what happened to Nette --

"She got married a couple of months ago."

Ha?

"She gave birth to her baby a month ago."

What?!

pause.

"She lost her baby a week after she gave birth."

We were standing there with our mouths gaping. And then what she said hit us hard. We started crying. It didn't even matter that Nette did not inform us that she got married or that she was pregnant or that she lost her baby -- all of those things didn't matter. What mattered was that she was hurting and we couldn't do anything for her.

The next time I saw Nette was when she went home for my wedding. It was only then that she opened up about everything; and she told me that she couldn't bring herself to go to Church because she was mad at God.

She said, "They say that God has his purpose. I don't understand why he had to take away my baby." I still remember how her face looked when she said this.

That was two years ago.

Now, Nette has Nathania Lexie -- my goddaughter. Life is beautiful.


6 Gorgeous People Said --:

earthlingorgeous said...

wow sometimes things happen all at once, unexpected things, that makes us numb and the suddenly what our heart truly desire happens...it's always in God's time. Love the story and COngrats to your friend and to you new Ninang!

Off topic :) anoter tag for you up at Earthly Explorations! :) Hope you had an awesome mother's day!

Beth said...

I really believe that " All things work together for good, to those who love God". And nothin happens without a reason. I am really longing for a child, but until now , God haven't give that child yet. But I know in His time He is going to bless me one.

Children are truly a blessing from God .

Unknown said...

This got me thinking...It is a beautiful story.I can understand how Nette felt, I was also mad at Him at some point in my life...

Nathania Lexie is such a beautiful baby.

ot- sure will let you know when a new contest comes up, maybe I'll hold my own contest in the future too.Have a great week Pie.

The_Sphinx's World said...

You know Pie, your posts always bring out the emotions in me. This story is so heartwarming and it keeps me waiting for more. Honestly, you're one of my best blogger friends here. Please write more!

Tinggay said...

Earth, I saw the tag. I'm going to get to it after I finished work today.

Beth, I pray that God answers your prayer soon. Reading your blog entries with pictures of you with children, I know how good of a mother you are going to be.

Jade, can you like make the contest easy and throw in $25 for the price? hehe

Sphinx, thank you. Coming from a former college professor, that is truly a great compliment.

Unknown said...

off topic; hahah I am still thinking about the mechanics.I will do it after my blog leave

My latest entry Paparazzi Experience

See you when I get back!
Cheers!