Feb 23, 2009

He's Just Not Into You Review


I remember watching this episode of Oprah where a guy, one of the authors of the book, He's Just Not That Into You, was telling a woman in the audience that her guy is simply not just into her.

That caught my attention and I sat through the whole episode -- which of course, is not a rarity considering the fact that I am Big O fan.


Anyway, I loved that episode and I like how that guy saw through every excuse in the book. Of course, I was not in complete agreement with him. After all, everything has its shades of gray and it is absurd to paint things in either black or white and nothing in between. I agree though that if a guy likes you -- really likes you -- he will do everything in his power to be with you. You really wouldn't have to even ask if he likes you or not. But then again, as I've said, there are shades of grey.

Anyway, when I learned about the film, an adaption of the book, I was really excited. But I wasn't really expecting that I'd love the movie after seeing it.

I loved it!

L-O-V-E-D it!


I swear! I am going to keep this movie and have Paige watch this when she starts crushing on boys, so she won't make the same mistakes I did! Gosh, the number of times I asked, "Is he into me?" and I'd find myself crying over some stupid schmuck.
And there were several stupid schmucks that broke my heart.

The movie is a "girl's night out" movie. You should grab a couple of your girlfriends and watch this! You totally can relate. There were scenes that brought back painfully awkward memories.


The ending is great too. There were a couple of characters who found the man of their dreams, someone finally caught hers, someone lost hers, someone still hasn't found hers... I think no matter what your status is in life -- single, married, or "it's complicated" (as your Facebook account has it) -- you will enjoy the film. You will see yourself in one character and you will appreciate what you have. Erbe got some big kisses after I've finished watching the movie.
:)




"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

1 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

I have both positive and negative opinion about "He's Just Not That Into You" .Group of casting actors was well selected.However story script was not very clear to understand and also not so interesting.This movie resembled like that of FRIENDS.if I were asked then I would rate it 6/10.I may suggest you to watch it, but you must not keep high expectations