May 10, 2009

05.10


Mother's day.

I've just decided - just now - to treat Mama to an outing tomorrow. (But first I have to finish my work, so I won't get in trouble with the boss.)

You'd like that, sis, wouldn't you? I'd tell her it's from both of us. :)
Anyway, you still have to call her.

I just woke up an hour ago. A couple of hours ago though, I heard Erbe greeting me a happy mother's day. I answered with "huh.huh." I couldn't keep my eyes open and I heard him saying something about going to Yellow Cab today or something. Well, that's his plan. I have a different plan altogether. :)

This day has taken on a new meaning for him. His mother died when he was 11 years old, so Mother's Day is not exactly a day for celebration. But having me as Paige's mom made a whole lot of difference.

In truth, Erbe had his lola for a mother, but she passed away last year. Everyone was worried that he'd go to pieces. He didn't. He said that as long as he has me, he's going to be fine. That's not exactly a comforting thought. You would think that I'd be so pleased about that. I'm accountable for him - all the time. And I feel like if I die, I wouldn't be able to rest in peace because my spirit will be worried about him. Okay, that's a morbid thought. I'd better stop now.

Anyway, happy mother's day to everyone - to you, Jinx especially! I've greeted every mother in my Facebook list but since you're so bent on sticking it out with Friendster, I'd better greet you here. :) On the second thought, I'd better greet mothers in FS as well.

And a happy mother's day to the one person who deserves all the credit for every thing good in/about me - my mamu!





1 Gorgeous People Said --:

-=- jinx -=- said...

ei, happy mother's day din, tere! :D