Jul 17, 2009

A 2-Year Worth of Blessedly Boring Life

It has been two years since the last nightmare.

Two years of peaceful reprieve. I guess we could thank his sister for that and her generous spirit. The change of medication, the ECT sessions, his acceptance and his inner peace - all these things have contributed to this wonderful, wonderful miracle.

He lost hope that this could happen.

I didn't. I knew it could happen. I knew that with a faith that is vast as the ocean's depths, it could happen. And it did.

Sometimes -- like right now -- I still can't help but cry because I find it hard to believe that we are still enjoying these days of peace... of treasured sanity...

It is only after you went through hell and soul-wrenching fear that you truly appreciate these banal days. I clung to this because despite the seeming calm, I still fear that the monster will once again rear its head and bite my ass... laughing...laughing...taunting...taunting... that it truly never went away.

It's a lifetime battle.

But it's worth it because he is truly, truly worth it.

And on these days, when things are boring, I am happy that I make him happy, and that with me...with us... his soul is at peace.

And the monster will rest for now.


0 Gorgeous People Said --: