Nov 1, 2009

Lost: 500 Hundred Bucks

Mama borrowed five hundred bucks from me the other day. Later that evening, Paige approached her and said, "Papa hagad money."

Thinking that Erbe was asking for the five hundred bucks, she handed over the money to Paige. My daughter did not give the money, however, to her papa or to me. Instead, she went downstairs where everybody else in the house saw the money.

Later, Nana Viol saw her going upstairs clutching several hundred bills on her hand - and that was it. That was the last time anyone ever saw the money.

(Let's pause for a while to pay our respect to the five hundred pesos... :) yeah, corny.. shoot me now!)

Anyway, since I never received the money, Mommy was furious with herself for giving the money to Paige. For several days now, she has been asking Paige about the money trying to solve the big mystery.

"Baby, kisay mo tinao si money? Ki E-viol o ki Boboy?"
"Ki Boboy!"
"Ki Boboy o ki E-viol?"
"Ki E-viol!"

*sigh

She has never failed to give us really funny answers. We are actually having fun asking her just to see how absurd her answers will get.

This afternoon, while working, I could hear them talking outside of our room.

"Baby, kisay mo tinao si money? Ki E-viol o ki papa?
'Ki Papa!"
"Ki papa talaga?!"
"Iyo po."
I heard mama shouting, "Tere, yaon baga daa ki Erbe si kwarta."

Rolling my eyes, I went outside and asked, "Yaon baby ki papa si money?"
"Iyo po."
"Ows. Yaon ki papa o ki Santa Claus?"
"Ki Santa Claus!"
Turning to mama, "Ma, stop petitioning the court. Case dismissed."
"Ay karagaton ta kang aki ka, kisay mo baya tinao si kwarta?" Mama asked frustrated.
Paige promptly answered, "Ki Santa Claus!"

:)



0 Gorgeous People Said --: