Nov 23, 2009

Is There Really Something about Mary?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My best friend is heartless.

She breaks hearts and she doesn’t look back.

Kidding!

In truth, my bestfriend is far from being cruel or heartless. She actually has a very good heart. I can honestly say that I haven’t met someone as kindhearted as she is. That is, of course, until I’ve met my husband. Anyway, Tin has a pure soul – and that’s the problem.

This is why she has left broken hearts in her wake and many of these people have never recovered. Just ask a couple of exes who still keeps a picture of her in their wallet – or their mobile phone.

I chatted with one of her ex last night. They are drawn to me. I think that by being friends with me, they somehow feel closer to her. The narcissistic side of me thinks that they just find me extremely adorable. OK, I gagged a little after saying that.

Anyway, I got the long drawn-out speech about how he has not gotten over her – the same speech that I have heard before. This is a speech from her exes. Don’t even get me started on her stalkers’ speech. Those kinds of speeches are just way too weird for words. You promptly would want to shoot yourself in the head just so you’d be able to spare yourself the horrifying trauma. Yes, her stalkers are also drawn to me. It’s creepy I know.

Anyway, all the long drawn-out speeches led me to this one question, “Why haven’t they gotten over her?” To stretch the truth a little bit, one would say that she has practically ruin their lives!

Seriously, they have difficulty finding good partners. They keep comparing all their present and future partners to her and everyone fails to measure up.

I’m friends with a couple of them who are almost in their 30’s, still hanged-up on her, still finding the ONE. Meanwhile, Tin is getting married this August.


The ironic thing about this is that they all broke her heart. She was never the one at fault.

So, why haven’t they gotten over her? Ding! Ding! Ding!

The answer is really simple – because they had the best, but they screwed up and let her go. When you had the best, what - or who - else is there left?

Oh, I’m not exaggerating. Yes, she’s not perfect. I’d know after all I’ve been friends with her for more than a decade. But I’ve often said that if I possess the XY chromosomes, I’d probably be stalking her as well. Heck! She can turn gays to guys! I

But it’s not just because she’s pretty; although she is. It’s not just because she’s smart. because she is It’s not even because she has a pure heart. It’s ACTUALLY because she has all these things. On top of that, she wouldn’t bat an eyelash if you ask her to eat at a dingy turo-turo with you. She’d just flopped down and she’d heartily gobble down kinalas and baduya right along with you.


And that’s how she got them and that's why they can't forget.

So, what else is there left t
o say? Except that I’ll be damned –there really is something about Mary.



----------------------------
On a different note: If you're single and still looking for Mr. Right or Wrong - depends on what you prefer - here's a really interesting post. CLICK!

0 Gorgeous People Said --: