May 23, 2010

Agnostic

Agnostic – One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism (Online Dictionary).

No, I am not agnostic and I am far from being an atheist. I do believe that there is God and that HE or SHE exists. I, however, am far from being a devout Christian or devote anything.

I often joke about studying all religions. You know, being part Jew in some months and part Buddhist in another and part Muslim for the rest of the year. I figured that's the only way one can truly make the right decision when it comes to religion. Erbe, however, would have a fit if he finds himself donning a Buddhist robe and a Muslim garb the next, so, no that is not at all feasible.

Meanwhile, my mother continues to throw a fit every Sunday because I do not want to go to Church. I don't know how to tell her that I just don't have that absolute faith in that religion anymore.

1 Gorgeous People Said --:

-=- jinx -=- said...

hahah! gords has since stopped asking me to hear mass with him. instead, sinda na lang ni niko ang nagsisimba.

tere, iniisip ko din ni yesterday. was questioning religion and faith so even researched about it. and i think i fit the bill of "weak agnostic." hahaha! the fence sitters daa pag abot sa religions and beliefs.

i think there's no god simply because sa mga nangyayari sa kinaban ta ngonyan. BUT we cannot deny that there are miracles (okay, every day graces and blessings na we consider little miracles) and we can't ignore that, so i can't really prove na mayo talaga.

anyhoo, until science really has hard evidence to prove me otherwise, i will not hold my breath waiting to see if god exists or does not exist.

i live by these mantras. as wolfgang puck loves to say..."live, love, and eat!" and, of course, my very own day-to-day mantra..."just as long as you're not INTENTIONALLY hurting anybody, you're okay."