May 24, 2010

On Death

If there is one thing that I am truly afraid of --its death. I often wonder how it feels to die. I often wonder if you even feel anything. I wonder if the struggle ends at some point or if we eventually give in to its calming embrace.

I am afraid of dying. I am afraid of taking that last breath. I often wish that I'd die in my sleep. I don't care when, just that I die in my sleep.

I am afraid of losing out on life because there is still so much more that I can do.

My wish is that I'd one day be able to look at death, scoff at its face and say, "I'm not afraid of you. I've lived my life and I am not afraid to die anymore." By then, I've truly known passion, loss, joy, desire and love.

1 Gorgeous People Said --:

-=- jinx -=- said...

dying in your sleep is the kindest kind of death, but it is a double-edged sword.

on one hand, it is probably painless. you just go on sleeping and sleeping, and you'll never know na you didn't wake up. plus, your loved ones will be spared from seeing you suffering and struggling as you gasp your last breath. trust me, THAT is the most painful thing to see. a few minutes will stretch to an eternity.

on the other hand, dying in your sleep is selfish. you've never given your loved ones the chance to say i'm sorry, i love you, and good bye. and you've also never given yourself the chance to hear those very important words that you will want to bring with you when you gasp your last breath.

ah, but what is death and a perfect death, eh? it is too profound a thought at 9 in the morning!

so :-) good day, tere! good week ahead, good love, good eats!