Oct 12, 2010

White Lab Coats and Scrubs - It's All About Chic and Comfort

I’m a huge fan of Grey’s Anatomy. Over the years, I have developed a certain fascination for white lab coats. Of course, I am not going to start wearing one anytime soon – lest, I’d end up in a place where a lot of people wear these coats. You know how it’s like when you go to a hospital for an emergency check up or enema, you get to see people wearing these coats and you can’t help but stare at them? You don’t? Okay, maybe that’s just me. But I swear I find myself watching them. (I am the same way with nuns and their habits.)

Anyway, there is something fascinating about doctors and their coats. I like the idea that they can wear just about anything underneath those coats and they can still look good.

For instance, check out this coat at Blue Sky Scrubs. It’s advertised as wrinkle free or resistant and it's 100% cotton. That just screams “COMFORT!” If I were in need of a coat, I’d likely grab this one as well. It’s also advertised as “slimming". You would also look chic in it. I would definitely want to look slim and chic while I save someone’s life. This one also has plenty of pockets, so you can practically bring everything you need while you go on rounds. If I were to enroll in Medical school anytime soon, I'd get this one.

The same goes for nurses I think, they can wear anything inside their uniforms and scrubs and they‘d still also look good. They also look incredibly comfortable. I guess comfort is a huge thing for doctors and nurses. After all, they put in hours and hours of grueling work and they cannot very well be wearing anything less than comfortable. I guess this is particularly true with nurses who – well, in my opinion – put in more hours than doctors.

If you are studying to become a nurse or a doctor, being able to wear scrubs or coats may just be one of the perks. Well, maybe wearing them can get tiresome in the long run, but as long as you buy white lab coat and scrub from a good retailer, I think you will be able to enjoy your coats and scrubs for a long time.

Disclaimer: This is a Paid Entry

2 Gorgeous People Said --:

mots said...

naalala ko kunggano ko ka-excited magsuot na polo barong. PSG!

hahah :D

love grey's too. i love bailey

Tinggay said...

salamat sa pag-comment kahit alam mong bayad yun. hehe. gwapo ka talaga (nakumbinsi na ko sa kababasa ng blog mo) lol.

gusto ko din si bailey. maganda pakaisip ng character nia.

ako din excited din kami nun gumamit ng "formal" na damit during law school days. yun nga lang yung security guard ng Greenwich na may crush daw sa akin napagkamalan kaming born again, yun bang umiikot na may mikropono at malaking radyo habang nagpapalaganap ng salita ng diyos sa kalsada... hehe. :D