Feb 25, 2011

Stories and Riley

I like listening to people.  I like listening to their stories.  I like listening about their lives. For a while, I forget about my own story.  I forget about my worries and my problems. For a while, it's all about another person's story.  I like that.

Settie and I went out tonight for a cup of coffee and she told me stories - lots of stories.  I enjoyed listening to her.  For a while there, I was back in college.  People are really, really interesting if you actually bother to listen to them - hear out what they have to say.  I've discovered that people generally live interesting lives regardless of what kind of life they think they might be living.

I am going to hit the sack now. I am so exhausted and I am emotionally drained.  Riley is still sick and I think she might have to stay in the hospital for another couple of days.  At least I'm not worried she's going to get dehydrated.  I have a class tomorrow and I have exams this weekend.  Sometimes, I wonder where I get the energy for all of this.  Most of the time, I just feel so freaking tired.

It's tough being a mother.  I think it's the most difficult job in the world.  It takes every bit of you and  it doesn't leave anything behind. .  It takes every piece of your heart - and just when you think you have nothing left to give, you'd find out there's still so much more.  It's exhausting sometimes how these little people can mean life itself to me.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: