Apr 11, 2011

Answering 365 Thought Provoking Questions

I came across the 365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself This Year post recently and I bookmarked it. The questions are indeed thought-provoking. They're questions that I would like to answer myself, but I really do not have the time to answer all of them all at once, so I thought I'd answer 20 questions every now and then.

So, here goes: 

When was the last time you tried something new? The other night when I ordered Doppio coffee and I ended up hating it.

Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

I know the answer to this, but I am not just ready to give the world a glimpse of my insecurities right now. In truth, I compare myself to anyone or everyone who I feel were able to draw the longer sticks.

What's the most sensible thing you've ever heard someone say?

"This, too, shall pass." These are words I lived by when things are going shitty and even shittier.

What gets you excited about life?

Changes.Adventure.Promises.Opportunities.Something New.

What life lesson did you learn the hard way?

That sometimes, it all boils down to one thing - money.  You can get away with anything as long as you have money. Some people will base your worth as a person on how much you have in your bank account.

What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?

Studying for the bar exams, but I really do not regret my choices. Yes, I've lost some but what I've gained pretty much compensates for whatever I have lost. They're actually worth more than life itself.

Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?

I ask and I make sure I discover the answer. I really cannot give up a question until I know the answer to it.

04032011(013)Who do you love and what are you doing about it?

  My family. I'm giving everything I can give to them - and that basically covers 90% of me. Yes, 90%.

What's a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?

Nothing really. I don't hold any radical beliefs.  I believe the same thing that most people believe in.

 

What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago? 

 

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength? Neither. It's an expression of joy and sorrow. Silly question really.

 

What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

I'd probably join a singing contest and I'd belt out an Aegis song!

Do you celebrate the things you do have?

Of course, I do.   It is only by reminding yourself of what you have and how blessed you are that you find peace and happiness in your heart.  Seriously, why the hell should I not?

What is the difference between living and existing?

This is another stupid question.

If not now, then when?

This is a question that does not apply at all to me because I never miss an opportunity to do something that I can do now.

Have you done anything lately worth remembering?

I am doing the most difficult job in the world - being a mother.  And I'm definitely doing something worth remembering on a daily basis. I am trying to rear a child to become a decent human being who fears God and who respects other people.

P1050006What does your joy look like today?

4-1/2 year old sassy little girl and a demanding 6-month-old baby. That is the definition of my JOY.

 

Is it possible to lie without saying a word?

Should I bother with the rest of the questions when I am getting questions like this?

 

If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?

I have a friend who speaks to me like the way I speak to myself - and we are still friends. So, yeah, I would say forever.

 

Which activities make you lose track of time?

Movies and TV shows definitely. Damn it.

 

Next 20 questions: When I feel like answering them.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: