May 17, 2011

The Creature

Today was an... interesting day. Yes, interesting, that's the word. It describes exactly how this day went.  It was interesting enough to warrant a blog entry.

I met up with Lynette, Lex (Nette's baby), Che and Sette for lunch.  Erbe and Paige were with me, but Erbe was just there to eat and run.  He had some stuffs to take care of, so he couldn't stay long.  Anyway, this would have been an uneventful day if not for the fact that I saw a tweet from someone I hope to avoid - or to not see until the day I die - saying that this Earthling is also breathing the same SM air that I was breathing.

Initial reaction? Hm. Yes, just one m. hm.  I told Nette and Che (Sette and Erbe already left by this time) about it and as expected they'd began teasing. Nette said that if she were me, she'd be going crazy already.  But I said, "I'm not." Yeah, right. SNORT!

Of course, Che is quite curious about this particular homo sapiens because although the "being's" name has been mentioned quite a lot of times in our conversations, she hasn't seen or met this earthling.  After some fateful revelations I did not too long ago, her curiosity is quite piqued.  Anyway, they wanted to "accidentally" run into this creature. I refused however because.. well, I'm just an effing scaredy cat.  I told them that we will just have to try to avoid this creature at all cost and yes, remain in our seats until the coast was clear.  That's what we did.  They were bummed and afterwards, irritated and bored.

So, I had no choice, but to agree to get up.  All the while, I was dutifully mumbling prayers that I wouldn't run into this creature.  To make matters worst, Che said, "Dai ka pati nakaayos." 
It was like she was telling me I looked like some bedraggled bag lady from Timbuktu.
I retorted, "Sisay man maisip na mangungudto man ito digdi?"
Che volleyed back, "Dapat arug ka ki nette pirming prepared."
Prepared my ass.  Hurramph!  

This prompted me to ask for virtual help which my good but sadistic friend (coz she derived immense pleasure from my dire strait) Tinay.  Being the good friend that she is, she helped me and asked the Creature to leave the place.

I was relieved to learn that this Creature wasn't there anymore. I expelled a huge sigh of relief. And I happily went my way.  We had our pictures taken.  We bought some tokens for the kids' rides and happily took pictures.




See?  Happy!
But alas!  All this happiness dissolved when once again I learned from a tweet that the Creature came back - like a really bad nightmare or a bad case of bacteria infestation that you couldn't just shake off with antibiotics, he was there ONCE-freakin'-again!  So, I reverted back to praying.  (Yes, you idiot, I was praying!)  Anyway, Tinay was quite...entertained.  The Creature was having immense fun as well - both at my expense (insert eyes rolling).  My misery was an amusement to both of them.

I couldn't take it anymore, I had to leave.  Like a dog between his legs, I fled.  I freaking fled, dragged Paige out of the mall and fled. It was only later that I learned that this Creature was just pulling my leg. just having fun. *sigh*

Anyway, I resolved that I'd make IT pay.  I swear the Creature would rue this day!  One day I'd have my revenge. Bwahahahahaha!

Okay, this post is for the benefit of the Creature and Tinay. I suppose if you're not them, you'd think this stupid. I don't care. You should have stopped after the first paragraph anyway, why are you still reading this? Why? Why? oh, well. I'm finished already. You've read the whole thing. So, what do you think? Who's the Creature in the story?  What is its significance to me?  Why was I avoiding this Creature?  Why do I want to avoid the Creature? Matinding pag-isip isip ang kailangan. Amen. :)

0 Gorgeous People Said --: