Jun 4, 2011

And So I Continue...

with the 365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself This Year. So, here goes:


If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
I'd do a course on Love like Leo Buscaglia OR I'd teach literature, definitely. I'd teach students about tolerance, acceptance and the danger of having a bigoted mind.


What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?
I try not to regret anything I've done in my life, but I do. I do have things I regret, but I definitely do not regret doing the things I did in 1999-2002.  I do not regret being a mother and obviously having my kids in my life.


Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?
Yes, some ghosts of the past. some regrets.


When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?
That I lived a life that is fully lived.  That I made a mark on the lives of the people I loved or even encountered in my journey.


When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?
When something gives me a peace of mind.  It doesn't matter what the risks are, what the losses and gains are - in the end, if something gives me peace of mind, then I know it's right.


How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I think I'd still be 18 years old.


Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Probably. If it means life and death, yes probably. 


What makes you smile?
Silly things really. These days, I often find myself smiling and laughing over Paige's facial expressions because it's like looking at myself when I was 4!


When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
Right now, I'd say yes. I wish I could have done more though. I will do more.


If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?
That it's okay to be different.  That being different is not a mortal sin.  That you don't need to like someone, you just need to tolerate and respect his being different.


If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
If that were the case, I'm screwed because I haven't done half of what I want to do in my life and I'm already 31. I'd probably said, eff off to everyone, grab a backpack and dive Into the Wild - without the dying part in the end, of course. (spoiler alert!)


What do we all have in common besides our genes that makes us human?
The need to be validated, understood, accepted - and ultimately, loved.


If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose?
I'd say Living Loving & Learning by Leo Buscaglia.


Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work that I actually enjoy doing. 


What is important enough to go to war over?
Nothing.  War is not the solution to anything, but if it has to be - if it absolutely has to be - I'd say atrocious and despicable violation of human rights like what happened in Rwanda.



Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying - that's worse because you never really get over the fact that you didn't try.  It's hard to forgive yourself for something you never did.


When was the last time you listened to the sound of your own breathing?
I can't remember.


What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I eat rice, topped with milk and milo. :)


What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you?
A dream, just that - a dream.


Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
a joyful simpleton because you wouldn't really care what people think about you - you're just happy. I don't want to be like Chicken Little worrying about the world coming to an end. I must admit though there's a Chicken Little in me, just pecking, pecking, pecking.


to be continued...

    0 Gorgeous People Said --: