Jun 11, 2010

11 Year Old Girls No More

I met Che and Nette when I was 11 years old.

Che had a huge fight with this boy in our class and she was made to sit next to me. Huffing and with her nose bright red from crying, she plopped down next to me.

I didn't know how we became friends, but we did.

That was 19 years ago.

Her nose still turns huge bright red every time she cries.

Nette and I, on the other hand, became friends by sheer circumstance. In truth, we had no choice but to become friends. We were part of the same group of girls who got together to – well, for the lack of better description – to form a group. She was there and I was there – and the next thing I know, she became part of 19 years of my existence.

These two girls – women, rather – are amazingly different.

If Cheryl is into girly stuffs, Nette likes to keep it simple. She can be boyish, but she has her womanly ways as well.

One time, we all decided to watch a movie. Cheryl wanted to watch Madrasta – and yes, being a Sharon Cuneta fan that I am, I went with her. Cheryl wouldn't stop crying throughout the whole thing. Was Nette with us? Definitely not! She scoffed at the idea of watching a tearjerker that she considered "corny for words" and decided to watch an action-packed movie instead.

Che can cry at the drop of a hat. Nette, on the other hand, needs to be angry in order to cry. I've never seen her cry because she was hurt or in pain. I've only seen her cry when she's mad and I mean, really, really mad.

Tonight, I met up with them to buy shirts for our friend. We had fun checking out shirts while we gossip our way through SM Department store, Folded & Hung and Bench.

We had fun going through baby stuffs. While Che and I checked out milk pumps (insert an image of me rolling my eyes), Nette was busy buying everything for Lex, her baby girl.

I love eating out with them. They have really voracious appetite and you wouldn't feel bad about eating a whole plate of rice and getting an "extra rice" because they eat just as much. And boy, do we love to gossip!

We live different lives.

We are moms now.

We have husbands – well, two of us.

We have bills to pay and kids to think of.

But at the end of the day, we are still ourselves – the 11 year old kids who were forced by circumstance to become friends.

And I am blessed to have these wonderful women in my life.



0 Gorgeous People Said --: