Nov 28, 2007

12 Gifts of Christmas


Giving myself permission to drink a huge glass of hot chocolate on a cold December night with a plateful full of Chips Ahoy cookies beside me.

Allowing myself to enjoy the notoriously noisy carols of neighborhood kids who is out for a few bucks, the mangled and disarrayed Christmas lights, and other holiday touches that my sister spent huge bucks on last Christmas

Getting the complete collection of Sims 2 and all its expansions – now, that would be the nicest Christmas gift ever! And don’t forget the gift certificate for computer memory upgrade to accommodate the Sims 2 collection. This is a package deal.

Feeling more joyful this Christmas which is particularly difficult for me given the fact that I don’t like Christmas holidays because it’s depressing.

Getting a lot of chocolates from New Zealand (clearing my throat for Bes)

My family -- my parents and my very-far-away sister -- and the extended ones including all the dysfunctional, queer and relatively weird ones. They put up with me, spoil me even and provide the stability that I need.

The love and support of the friends that I see or talk to often and those that I don’t see or talk to anymore. Right Nette? Tin? Thank God for small favors like my good friend Ryan who gets pissed off that I don’t answer his overseas calls.

An end to a good year marked with my leap to an unknown, leaving other people to decide my fate and my dreams.

Serenity – knowing in the most real of wordless voices everything as I see or feel them is the way it should be. Even when I refuse to see it.

My husband and my daughter. No words suffice. They’re continued good health and presence equal countless gifts for eternity.

You. Just the fact that you’re reading this and that you’re taking some time out of your busy life to spend a moment here and maybe give a damn about all this – well, that’s a gift.

Lastly, knowing that all these do not have much to do with Christmas, but they are more of taking the time to recognize that I have so much to be grateful for in my life. That, my friend, is the biggest gift of all.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: