Jan 8, 2012

Say It Again and Again!

IMG00476-20110727-0030-5

One thing I've learned about being a mother is that shouting doesn't work.  Often, Paige would cower, simper and cry when I fail to control my temper and end up shouting at her for something she did.  Over the years, I've learned other disciplinary tactics.

For instance, when Paige pretends she can't hear me, forcing me to shout her name over and over again before she'd respond, I would usually ask her to cover her ears.  She'd stay like that until I am well satisfied that she gets my point.  So, she'd walk around the house, with her hands covering her ears.  It usually lasts for several minutes.  Usually, however, I observe the "a minute for every year" rule.

Yesterday, Paige and I were talking and she kept inserting the word "udo" in her sentences.  It doesn't matter if she makes sense.  She'd just keep saying "udo".  So, I corrected her, asked her to stop using the word.  I thought she understood me until I asked her to ask their yaya to iron her uniform.  Off she went and then I heard her repeat my request to Bek.  I failed to hear the yaya's answer but I heard Paige said, "ay brownout? Akala ko kaya UDO."

Gahd.

So, I promptly called her and asked her to sit on the bed.  I told her to say the word "udo" over and over again until she's so tired of saying it, she wouldn't say it again. So, she started, "udo, udo, udo, udo, udo.."

In truth, it was amusing.  I had to turn my head, so she wouldn't see me smiling.  At that time, I was holding Riley who was asleep.  Eventually, Riley woke up.  And she saw Paige, sitting there muttering "udo, udo, udo, udo".

At this juncture, Paige's muttering has attained a certain rhythm.  I was still trying not to smile, but I was struggling.  Riley, however, didn't know her ate was being punished. She stood up and she started dancing to "udo, udo, udo"  Her head was bobbing, knees bending and hands clapping to the rhythm of "udo, udo, udo".

It was hilarious.  I burst out laughing and as you may well expect, Paige's punishment ended. Ah! the joys of motherhood! :)

0 Gorgeous People Said --: