Jul 18, 2008

The Invisible Space Bubble


We were in McDonald's earlier. The place was packed. While Erbe was waiting for his turn to order, I looked for vacant seats. One table was empty except for this small white plastic bag daintily perched on the table. Nobody was there. It was ironic but the whole setup screamed, "I HAVE THIS FREAKING SEAT! STAY AWAY!"

Have you noticed that we automatically respond to things like that? I could have just removed the damn plastic since its owner doesn't own the table and the seats, but the little plastic demanded respect of space. Weird.

Right there and then, I was reminded of Bimbo's entry. He referred to it as the Invisible Space Bubble. He was pretty insightful. It's a damn good read. Maybe, you should check it out.

3 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

So True. But I am guilty of doing such so I can't really complain. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

hey, i agree. at university here in tokyo one of the professors studied how people 'claim space' for their own. really interesting.

Tinggay said...

hi corin and caryn, thanks for dropping by!