Jul 23, 2008

Updates on My Precocious Paige

I don't know if my daughter is just way too precocious for her own good or all mothers think their daughters are just way too precocious for their own damn good.

Anyway, I decided to write a blog entry about Paige's latest antics so years from now, she'd read about how funny and wonderful she was as a 2 year old.

Yes, she's two year old now. She just turned 2 last Sunday and we had a wonderful family celebration.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Paige with her "Mommy"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Paige with her "Papa Lo"

She's really big now and she has a big sassy mouth to go with it.

The other day, her grandma was telling her to wear her slippers. In an exaggerated fashion, mommy was telling her that she's stepping on lizard's feces. (FYI, this scares Paige a lot. She's really, really disgusted with the black small "thingy" she picked up which turned out to be a lizard's excrement.)

But while her grandma was telling her about the threat of stepping on feces, Paige was just looking at her. And then suddenly she said, "psst!"

Mommy stopped talking and stared at her. I began to laugh at this point because I knew what was going to happen. And then, Mommy started to talk about the feces again and then Paige said, "Mommy, psst!" She followed this with, "Bad ka!" (You're bad!)

Her expression was so funny and my Mom's expression was priceless. I was laughing like a witless hyena!

Precocious.

Last night while in bed, I was talking to Erbe. I was asking him to pretend like he's some Hollywood actor.

"How will you react if you're in a scene where the doctor tells you you're dying of stage 4 cancer."

Erbe promptly answered with "uh?"
Yes, he said it just like that "uh."

I was understandably disgusted with his pathetic skills. :) and told him what I thought of his acting. I did not notice that Paige reacted to his acting with, "Yucks!"
But Erbe noticed and told me what she said. So, I turned to Paige and asked her to show to her papa the right reaction.

I was surprised when her face suddenly crumpled and she began crying -- no tears though. She was just acting, but acting nonetheless.
I was so shocked but I was laughing so hard.

The next day, we were eating and I was telling her grandma about the incident. My mother did not believe me. Paige was at that time sitting on my lap and so I relayed the whole incident again and when I reached that part where I said, "So, I asked Paige to show her papa the right reaction..."
Guess what happened?
Right there and then, at that table, Paige began to cry again! Again, she was acting -- no real tears, but she was right on cue! Mommy had no choice but to believe me.

Precocious, right?

One time, she heard her grandma singing. So, she just sat there and listened to her. After my mother finished the whole song, she heard Paige clapping and saying, "Very good! Very good!"

Sassy.

Earlier this evening, I saw Paige playing with two glasses. I told Erbe to take the glasses from her but he was still busy with something and he was too late -- the glasses slipped and broke. I was irritated with Erbe and so I began ranting. "See, I told you! I told you!"

After I stopped ranting, Paige began to scold her papa.
"Inga!" (See!)
"Ing mo!" (You see!)
"papa...bad ka!" (Papa, you're bad!)
Instead of getting mad, her papa just started laughing.

Again, precocious. Right now, as I am typing this, she's standing beside me nagging me to remove all her clothes.

*sigh

2 Gorgeous People Said --:

SheR. said...

Hey!! Wishing your darling beautiful daughter a sweet 2 year old birthday! :) Stay cute!

Unknown said...

Hahaha wow! So cute - looks like you are having lots of laughs with Paige.


Cheers!
I am back;)