Jan 26, 2008

Gossipmongers


Beware of what you speak.

The other day, a neighbor came over and told my mother that one of my "workers" were stealing stuffs from me. That she saw a plastic of our product in the worker's room. You see, we took in our neighbors as employees.

We live in one of the poorest areas here in the city and sometimes, my mother goes overboard with her zealousness. She's like all for saving her neighbors from poverty and ignorance.

Anyway, my mother was really pissed off when she learned about it. I decided to fire the employee who at that time was on leave because her "girlfriend's" grandmother died.

What happened next was hilarious --

First Scene:
Mama to Auntie Violy: "That Marissa! Don't she dare even think of reporting me to the barangay council for my pigs. She'll rot in jail!"

(Mama and her pigs are being constantly subjected to complaints of the neighbors suffering from the stench)

Second Scene:
Auntie Violy to Me: "Did you know your mother that someone told her that Marissa is going to file a complain to the barangay council because of the pigs"
Me: "Marissa?! She did?! That low-lying no good for nothing thief!"

Third Scene:
Me to Marissa: "You see, Marissa -- we can forgive you for the juice (that you stole) but why did you say that you're going to report my mother to the barangay council?
Marissa: (After a series of blasphemies) "I did not say that! Who said I said that? I bet it's Manay Virginia again!"
Me to Marissa: "What happened to the juice?"
Marissa: "Michael used them as chaser (for drinking)"
As it so happened, Michael is another employee.

Fourth Scene:
Marissa's house is next to ours. She started wailing so loudly that I bet the shutters of their little shanty broke. I could actually hear her stomping on the floor! Screaming so loudly that even her father and mother could not pacify her. She was crying so loud that my mother felt really sorry for her. She was also at the top of her voice cursing at Manay Virginia -- the innocent bystander.

Fifth Scene:
Manay Virginia and Marissa came rushing into our house to confront me.
Manay Virginia to ME: "Tere, did I say anything to you about Marissa saying that she's supposedly going to report your mother to the barangay?"
The two began arguing in front of me. Until finally, Mama put an end to it all. We decided to take her back.

Sixth Scene:
Me to Mama: "Ma, who told you that Marissa wanted to report you to the barangay?"
Mama was laughing and laughing because all she said was -- "That Marissa! Don't she dare even think of reporting me to the barangay council for my pigs. She'll rot in jail!"

The CULPRIT: Auntie Violy.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: