Mar 20, 2008

Crazy People are the Most Interesting People in the World

"Crazy" people fascinate me. In fact, I think that they're the most interesting people in this planet. Have you noticed that geniuses have a tad of craziness in them? No, I do not want to go into rhetorics discussing the word "crazy". I do not mean to offend. Let's just say I just can't think of any politically-correct word to use at this moment. I do not want to go into a full-length discussion discussing the horrors of being mentally ill. I do not need to know from you. I've witnessed it myself.

I remember Sussette, a friend of mine, once said that if she has a huge problem that she can't deal with, she'd rather go insane than commit suicide.

"I could run in the streets butt naked and I wouldn't care!" she added.

Sometimes, that's the beauty of it. You are not restricted by the boxes that people put other people in. You can go to work without a tie and nobody would think that's strange. In fact, you could go to work in your jammies! People would probably cluck their tongues but they know you're crazy so what the heck. Of course, you'd get fired because you didn't comply with what's expected that's why.

Have you noticed how good it feels to remove your tie at the end of the day? How great it feels to take off your shoes? We function like the world expects us to. Crazy people do not give a rat's ass.

They create wonderful paintings and cut off their ear. They run butt naked on the streets shouting, "Eureka! Eureka! (Now, that one was not crazy. He was just strange). They'd write books that you'd find in your English curriculum a century after their death. They possess the most outlandish ideas. (I'm not referring to Xenu-like ideas here, okay?) They have the greatest passion and they create masterpieces.

No, being crazy is not easy. It's hell, in fact. However, it beats the hell out of being fucking boring. Again, please spare me the political discussion on how you'd rather be boring than be crazy.

7 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

hie.. dropping in ur nice site :)

SheR. said...

I am one of the crazy people you mentioned!
I hate the rules of society especially asian society!
Rules of how to behave, not to over-react.. must not show emotions openly.. I hate them! :P
I am the way I am! And I do not wish to change!

Anonymous said...

hi again.. thanks 4 ur concern.. i got the layout from a blog designer, fedora girl.. :)

Anonymous said...

CRAZY is WAY better than boring! There is nothing fun about boring. I'm not *quite* run through the streets naked crazy...but getting closer daily!

Tinggay said...

zhoe wynz, thanks for the comment. I dropped by your blog. I really, really love the layout.

Sher, I kinda figured that out about you. That's why I like you. You're a far cry from being the meek Orient girl that people would expect you to be. :)

Mandi, your comment would raise some political issues. :)
But again, without going to the discussion of how "we" would rather not be mentally ill, I agree with you.

SheR. said...

Hey and don't forget this... geniuses are usually misunderstood for being crazy!

Tami Daun said...

hehe, piebuko. Spot on!