Mar 6, 2008

Weird Weather Premonition

This is not funny anymore.

The flood receded a couple of days ago. So, for a couple of days we had a normal life. We were able to go downstairs, clean our room and slept on our bed. Everything was NORMAL or so I thought

Until the other night.

Things were actually weird that night. At first there was this strong earthquake which prompted us to rush outside the house. Erbe refused to go out because he tucked himself to bed. He likes wrapping himself up in blanket so tight and he doesn't want to budge when he's in that position. I was screaming at him to get up. He can be very, very stubborn. The earthquake lasted for a couple of minutes and the house was really shaking.

Anyway, after the earthquake, we finally settled in for the night until rain suddenly started pouring like crazy. It was accompanied by this really strong wind. It was like a sudden signal 3 typhoon.

It was really scary.

I had this feeling that there would be flood come morning. I shrugged away the feeling though because it was not just sensible. You see, it actually takes at least three to 14 days of heavy rainfall for our place to get flooded.




I was right though.
I woke up with someone knocking on our door. I was surprised to see water all around our bed! Talk about premonition. Apparently, some weird weather phenomenon happened that caused the flood. Weird, huh?

7 Gorgeous People Said --:

LORD MANILA STONE said...

I heard about the earthquake in Visayas a few days ago. Well, other than the flood, I hope your family is ok. Always take care and thanks a lot for dropping a comment on mine...^^

Kristina said...

yep, i saw that in the news earlier..i tried calling back home to see if everyone was alright. I guess everyone was cos i got no text from you guys saying that anyone got hurt (not that i was praying for this to happen, kay?) i am going home soon. God, cant wait to get out of this freaking weather. Its driving me insane.

SOUL AFLAME said...

That's awful. Hope you and your friends and family are all OK.

We had a 5.3 earthquake over here in the UK a few days ago, but I'm lucky enough to live in a non flood area unlike some friends I have further North.

I can't help but think our weather patterns worldwide are changing dramatically since I was young. Our traditional four seasons no longer exist. We no longer have a winter, and our summers are just rain. Is it global warming? I'm not entirely certain, but there's a definite shift in pattern

Tinggay said...

Lord Manila,

Thanks for the visit. We're okay. IT's funny because we just clean the the house because we thought the flood is over. A few minutes after we finished cleaning -- voila! The flood outside of the house came back in!

Floog,
I believe it's the greenhouse effect/global warming that's causing this. My sister is complaining of the weather in London as well.

Anonymous said...

After all, we are all responsible for this global warming thing. Have you watched Al Gore's documentary?

SheR. said...

Hi! Hope you are all right over there! We are getting freakish weather over in Croatia too!

Tinggay said...

Kebelle, you're right. It's everyone's fault.I haven't seen Al Gore's documentary. Is it good? I have to check it out sometimes.

Sher, yes. I've read your comment on the fog. It's getting weirder by the minute and I think this will continue until we don't do anything about it.