Mar 3, 2008

My Sixth Sense?

I came across this entry on the Blogger Exposed about Sixth Sense or intuitions. It was interesting because I totally can relate on her experiences. I left a comment and didn't give it another thought, until she left a message asking me about my own experiences.

This was the first time someone asked me about this. I had a weird childhood so intuitions and sixth sense is nothing strange to me. I guess what I experience now are just remnants of what I used to experience when growing up. You see, it all started with my religiously zealot father. He is also a faith healer.

At a pretty young age, I became a medium.

People would come to our house and my father will do a healing session and I woul be sitting next to him pointing at parts of the "patient's" body where I see dark spots. I do not know if it was all my imagination because I was really, really young. Strangely though, we cured some people.

I remember this man who always came with huge, huge fishes. My father never accepted money or charged anything. So, people (out of gratitude, I think) would bring food like fruits, fishes and bread. Now, this man had a bloated stomach -- huge one. He had an operation but the doctors didn't find anything wrong at all. He went to several quack doctors and they made him drink a lot of concoction. Strangely though, after several sessions with my father, this man's stomach started to grow small.

My weird childhood did not end there. There was a time when a group of treasure hunters would pick me up from our house and bring me to places to point at where the treasures were supposedly located. It was like a game to me because I was really young. It was like having adventures. Don't get me wrong though. I was having fun. I went to school. I had a lot of friends, but this aspect of my life was something I kept secret from my friends. I don't know if they even know about this. Well, I think I told Tin.

Anyway, it all stopped when I began to have huge headaches that I end up in hospitals so many, many times. My mother, who was working abroad while we were small, put a halt to it all. She was furious at my Father for dragging me into all of it.

So, I began to live a pretty normal life (without the healing and treasure hunting), but I always had experiences where I had "feelings" about things and they happen. I also saw "ghosts" pretty regularly. It was weird. One time, we were eating and I felt a hand touching me from head to neck. I began screaming and the other people on the table were all looking at me strangely.

These days I don't see them anymore, but I still get those "feelings" when some thing bad is going to happen. I also have a pretty strong intuition about things.

6 Gorgeous People Said --:

SheR. said...

Wah!!1 If you are in India, they will treat you like Goddess!
You have some wonderful powers :)
But sometimes, isn't it wonderful to be "normal"?

The Blogger Exposed said...

This is so unreal! You definitely have some interesting stories to tell about your life. I, like you, do not have the things happen (like dreams that would come true) as an adult the way they did when I was younger. Some people suggest that we get to busy with our lives, and learn to tune those "senses" out. Possibly true, I just don't know. But thanks for sharing this story!

Also, the link in your post won't work because my profile is disabled, but this link will take you directly to the post that describes my experiences: http://bloggerhype.blogspot.com/2008/02/intuition-or-sixth-sense.html

Tinggay said...

Sher, I highly doubt if I have "powers". I hardly remember things. It was like a childhood game to me of pirates, Tinker Bell and Peter Pan. :)

Blogger Exposed, I will update the link. I think that's how I tune out things. I get so busy I barely sleep. :)
by the way, what is your name?

SOUL AFLAME said...

Both these posts are fascinating, and you'll have seen from my comment on 'the blogger exposed's' post, how I am open to such matters.

I truly believe that we humans are capable of amazing things, and that we just have not tapped into them en masse. I do believe that individuals can posess what I would describe as 'powers', but sadly so many of the phonies out there have bread cynicism into most of the population.

There are a lot of unexplained things out there, and I'm willing to accept them all until disproved, or indeed proved.

Tinggay said...

People's cynicism and doubts are probably the reason why I never told anyone about this all my life.

I didn't want people to think I'm a freak.

:)

SheR. said...

I can understand what you are thinking Piebuko. Most people are not open-minded enough to accept new things and the impossible just because it doesn't happen to them. This jealousy in their minds causes them to "close" their worlds and become very skeptical. I believe you are special. Not a freak! :)