Mar 13, 2008

Evil Exists -- No, it's not Gloria Arroyo this time

For a couple of months now, the country has been abuzz with news of a syndicate allegedly taking school children forcibly. The suspicion is that the children are killed and body organs are sold to Western countries. My cousin has been worried about going home because she walks to school daily. Every time the authorities are asked to comment on this they would deny the veracity of the reports. And after hearing their comments, I would shrugged off the reports.

Until today.

This morning, I woke up with the whole place abuzz with the news that a child was forcibly taken by a group of men. The mother was bawling. You could literally hear her heart breaking.

Now, we all know the reports were not unfounded. A kid living a few houses from ours was taken while walking home from school. The sad thing about it is that I highly doubt if the authorities would ever find him. The sad truth is that he's dead the minute he got in that van. I do not why evil like that exists. I do not understand why people can do things like this.

10 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

It happened in Davao del Norte 20 years ago. And it's still happening in Naga? I'm sad hearing about it. How do authorities responded? What about the parents?

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...ever heard of our own "urban legend" na if big buildings are to be erected, it follows that children get taken? to consecrate the grounds or wish it to be lucky, i don't know, but somebody told me that when i asked about the missing children. she's got a vivid imagination. hehe.

Tinggay said...

Kebelle, I think it has been happening in some parts of Luzon for the past couple of months. I was surprised because there was nothing in the news about it when all of our barangay was in such a huge uproar.

Jinx,
iu. weird, ano? garo man lang itong tsismis na halas sa robinsons/robertson. garo atot. :)

SheR. said...

Pardon my ignorance about these events. I'm totally appalled at this happening. This is more than evil. I don't know what to say. Could anyone from those so called international organisations do something to help these children? Where are they when one needs them?

Unknown said...

I just saw a movie like this, it's called Trade.Young children being snatched by some gang and they get sold on an online auction to pervs who likes virgin and kids.When you hear these kind stories on the news,you'll think that the world is really crazy...

rodolfo salvador said...

No wonder its really happening in our country. It just pictures how poor our country is. There are no opportunities for people to earn and so they resort to all this criminal means to earn a living. I just dont know why Gloria insist that our economy is growing. http://flipantasticweb.blogspot.com

SheR. said...

Think what I just realised? All corrupted politicians are the same. They lie a lot. They think the whole world is blind and will believe them. However, we also have to accept the fact that there are a lot more fools out there who will 100% trust those lying snakes and vote for them to stay in office.

Nina Nichols said...

It's happening right here in our place in Batangas!

For several weeks now, the whole place was in fear because of news like this. This isn't just a hearsay just like what the police claim it to be.

There were two kids allegedly taken and they even have the plate numbers of the van- two of them.

There were four kids also forcibly taken but they were able to break free from men in the van. There were witnesses about this too.

I don't know why the police kept on denying it. My nieces were being fetched because they were too afraid to go home by themselves.

I hope something would be done about this soon. It's a good thing classes are already over effective yesterday...:)

Niña

Tinggay said...

Sher, unfortunately corrupt and devious politicians are all over this planet and they breed like rats. hehe I think it's everywhere. Look at the Governor of New York -- Are there corrupt politicians in Singapore?

Niña,
I think the news started in Batangas and in fact, there were actual footages of children who got away. It's the same here. I think the police/authorities are preventing widespread panic which is stupid because by denying that it is actually happening, they are depriving the people of the opportunity to take extra safety measures.

SheR. said...

There used to be one corrupted politician years ago. Heard from my mum as I was too young to understand. I think it was one of our ex-president. He accepted a lot of bribes from construction companies. That accounted for the biggest tragedy in Singapore when the hotel building collapsed.
Now most of them are well paid enough.If they are not satisfied with their salaries, they could quit and join a company as CEO. SG MP portfolio is enough to guarantee a good job.