Mar 15, 2008

How To Celebrate Your Birthday

It's My Birthday!




My mother once told me that she feels the way she always had when she was 18 years old. I think I feel the same. I may be aging and pretty soon, I'd be ranting about my hypertension or diabetes. I may be drawing countries across my wrinkled face. I may be losing my teeth or my hair -- but I think I would always feel the same. I will always be the girl I was when I had my first kiss.

My birthday though was never a big deal to me. I guess, it comes with the territory of growing up with your father who never even bothered to greet you a happy birthday. No, my father is not a heartless jackass. He just grew up without having anyone greeting him on his birthday as well.

So, what do I do on my birthday, I usually just buy my mother a bunch of roses or a cake, write her a note thanking her for my life. I think she's the one who deserves all the credits. :)

3 Gorgeous People Said --:

SOUL AFLAME said...

A HUGE Happy Birthday to you Piebuko.

I am sending you a virtual hug and some kisses from the UK, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Remember, age is just a number and matters little compared to how YOU feel within yourself.

Those facial lines are earned, and full of worldly knowledge, and anyway, you're still just a baby compared to some of us!

The older I get, the more I enjoy, cherish and love life.

Tinggay said...

Thank you, Floog!
You're the first person in the virtual world to greet me.
:)

Unknown said...

Hi Piebuko,

Happy happy birthday!!!

Years wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul.-Douglas Mac Arthur

Cheers from Singapore!