Mar 15, 2008

Unforgettable Love Gone Awry

In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love.
- Diego Marchi


I confessed to all four.

My secret? It's a dark story of a 10-year-old girl that I'd carry to my grave.

My irreversible regret? Should I say regrets? Come to think of it though I have not done anything in my life that I deeply truly regret. I have not done anything that have shaken me to the core of my being that my life was changed irreparably by it.

My unreachable dream. Again, should I say Dreams instead?

My unforgettable love? This is the reason I looked for this quote. I have my own unforgettable love. Growing up I've met a lot of frogs who turned into even uglier toads. The last I met just before I met my husband. That guy was a selfish ass. But there is this one person that would always be remembered by me fondly. Fondly, in fact is an understatement.

I remember my sister bawling over the letters that her first boyfriend gave her years after they broke up. I think that guy will always be her unforgettable love. (I hope my brother-in-law does not read this.)

What drove me to look for this quote though is my husband's ex. Surprise! I do not think of her harshly. She just amazes me by how much she loved Erbe. I do not think I'd be capable of doing half of the things she did just to get him back. Although, at that time I was ready to commit bloody murder because I was at the receiving end of "the things she was doing".

She and some of her friends really tried to make my life a living hell. I had to get some of my friends to accompany me home because I was practically stalked! They were digging dirt on me. They would come up to me on the street or the restaurant picking a fight. Needless to say, they did not succeed.

In the process, my husband had a falling out with them. This was four years ago. During these whole time, Erbe did not speak to them or see them. You can say that he severed his friendship with some of them. I think though that they would say they severed their friendship with him.

The other night though, they called him up. Apparently, they wanted to get together because she was leaving for the States. My husband was understandably surprised. Since he wasn't feeling well and was not quite comfortable with the whole thing, he gently refused.

The next thing we know, they were parked in front of our house. They were there to fetch him! He did not go with them, but you can just imagine my reaction. I don't know about you, but it doesn't seem right, does it?

0 Gorgeous People Said --: