Mar 22, 2009

Gettng Sassier by the Minute!

She amazes me. I know mothers say that all the time. She's a miracle to me. She's slowly unraveling before me. She amazes me all the time.

She's also getting sassier by the minute. I don't know if that's good or bad -- but she is.

Anyway, this morning, I was being my usual "taratitat"(as Erbe calls it) self.
I was irritated at Erbe and I didn't notice that my voice was rising while screeching at him about something.

Paige was playing with her kitchen play set, she looked up at me and frowned. With her you-should-know-better-mama voice, she said, "Mama, wawa man papa...iwal...ibi yan..wawa man."

She has been doing that for the past week or so. Everytime, she'd see me "arguing" with her papa, she'd tell me, "wawa man papa, ibi yan." Just the other day, she told me, "Mama...iwal...kulog ears!" She even covered her ears with her hands. Okay, we do not argue that much. You'd think we are with her "kulog ears" claim, but you see, I -- well, I nag. Screech -- yes, that's the right word. I screech. (Sue me!) So, I absentmindedly assured her "Dai man po iwal... love man si papa...nakakasuya lang kaya si papa."


And I continued screeching.

But then, she did the unexpected --

Paige suddenly jumped in front of me with her palms stretched out in front of her. She said, "Tama na! Tama na!"


And then she ran to her father, embraced him and said, "Love si papa...love.."


Yep, it was definitely an "awwww..." moment.

I didn't expect it though. I was so stunned that I started laughing while Erbe, being the "loved papa", was considerably touched.

















Her sass didn't end there however.

Later this morning, I was getting Paige to eat her breakfast. As usual, she didn't want to eat.
I kept prodding, but she kept refusing, so I donned my "mama-getting-angry" cap to get her to eat.

She tried to be nice. I should give her some credit -- she did try to be pleasant at first. She smiled at me and said, "Mama, basug na..sug na."


I knew otherwise, so I insisted and continued with the getting-angry trick.


I think I finally irritated the hell out of her because she suddenly turned and said, "Mama... pundo...kulog na payo ko." And she was actually touching her forehead with both hands to demonstrate her point!!!

Stunned, I sat there staring at her and then what she said finally dawned on me. I couldn't do anything else, I started laughing.

I stopped nagging her, however. After all, I was giving her headaches with my nagging. :)





"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

0 Gorgeous People Said --: