Mar 27, 2009

Our House Almost Got Burned

I'm still shaking.
I need to write this.

12:30 a.m.
I heard shouting. I ignored it though. I heard Paige crying. I heard panicky voices.
I heard screaming. I continued working.
I was so engrossed with work. There was smoke in our room, but I ignored it. There's always smoke in our room. It's right above the dirty kitchen, so we cannot avoid the smoke when someone is cooking downstairs.
However, the screaming and shouting finally registered on me.
It was our neighbor who was shouting that our kitchen was on fire.
Erbe and I ran outside and saw Paige by the stairs. I grabbed her and then we went downstairs. People were going out of their rooms with this panicked look in their faces. My father was shouting at us, telling everyone to get more water.

The fire was touching the dirty kitchen's roof.

Another bucket thrown.
The fire grew even more.
And another bucket
and another bucket
and another bucket
I kept telling everyone to help.
Curiously, almost everyone was in shock. Later on, my mother said that she was thinking of what she will have to grab.

And another bucket

And another bucket

Until finally, they said the fire is all cleared.

Everyone was shaken.
My mother was silent for a while.
She was so still. It took her a while to regain her composure.

I was so scared.
I
am afraid of fire.
And I was living my nightmare.
Not believing that everything is okay, I spent half an hour throwing more and more water on the wall and the roof.
I still am afraid.
I am still shaken.
My heart is still pounding and I still have this pain in my stomach.

But still, I cannot stop repeating three words over and over again, "Thank you, God. Thank you, God. Thank you, God."

You see, our immediate neighbors were all asleep.
One neighbor though "happened to glance and notice" the fire.
She was four houses away.
It was like an angel made her look.

Thank you, God.
Thank you, God.
Thank you, God.





"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

5 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

iyo man daw yan tinatakotan kong maray! magbakal kang fire extinguisher, tere. mga less than 3k lang pero ipapa-refill mo na lang sunod na year.

Anonymous said...

glad no one was hurt

Tinggay said...

jinx, iu ngani. kasi pag-tubig ang tigbububo mi, sige pang taas si kalayo. makatakuton talaga. dapat talaga fire extinguisher. I will get one talaga.

mr/ms anonymous, are u tinapay? anway, thanks. I'm glad too no one was hurt.

Anonymous said...

bako ako si anonymous na saro....kakatakot man yan nangyari saindo jan. ano daa pinunan kansi sulo? thank god tlga sa good neighbors..tinayf

Tinggay said...

iu ngani tinapay. inda ko man. si stove ang on fire. mau nagaamin. makatakuton talagang maray. si neighbor mi ngani, nagober da bakod tapos sinda pa nagtry na punduhon si sulo ta grabe na daa.