Mar 31, 2009

Face to Face with Jollibee, My Nemesis

When I said I hated mascots, I meant it.

I used to take every opportunity to kick Jollibee every time I see him.
Yes, I shoved and kicked him.

One time, I was crossing the street when Jollibee who was then dancing in front of the joint approached me and my companion to do his thing - wave, dance and jump around. Vastly irritated, I shoved the effing mascot and kicked his leg. :)

Seriously, that's how much I hated mascots. (No, this is not because I had a deprived childhood. Au contraire, I loved Susy and Geno. Remember Jinx? They used to go to St. Joseph School.)

Anyway, one time, I attended this party and there was this guy who kept looking and glancing
. You would have thought that I had an avid fan, but no. His expression was far from being admiring. His expression showed amusement and irritation. He seemed disconcerted as well. Curious, I asked around for the guy's identity, thinking that I knew him somewhere, but I received the most unexpected answer.

Pipo said, "Si ___ (forgot the name) yan. Sia baga si Jollibee!*"

Oh.My.God.


Anyway, I approached him and apologized for kicking him -- for the many times I kicked him (I had the penchant for kicking his leg.) *sigh.

Talk about uncomfortable moments.


Anyway, I don't know if he is still the guy under the costume, but I sure as hell
love tolerate Jollibee now. Paige, like every other kid in this country, loves the mascot. So, what my Paige loves, I love tolerate as well.




















*That's ___, That's Jollibee!




"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

3 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

si jollibee with suri! hehehe....tinayf

Tinggay said...

hahaha... sabi nga man ni lynette!

Anonymous said...

hehehe...susy and geno and the free small plastic cup of chocolate drink

hmmmm...wonder if they're still visiting sjs?