Apr 14, 2009

Erbe and the Beef


I wanted to cook mechado last week, but since it was the holy week, I decided to postpone cooking the dish. However, I bought the ingredients including the beef and stored everything in the freezer.

Earlier this evening, I decided to cook the dish. And like every meat dish, the meat has to be thawed and softened first. I don't know what's wrong with the meat, but I tried to thaw and soften the damn thing for almost 2 freakin' hours, but it refuses to soften. Anyway, everyone was getting hungry, so I decided to just cook the dish. Never mind the fact that people would need to have teeth stronger than Wolverine's claws just to chew the damn meat. Anyway, I finished cooking and served the dish and called Erbe who was still finishing his work.

At first, he loved the smell. It looked delicious, so he got a healthy serving. And then he started chewing - or at least he tried to chew.

At first, he didn't say anything. Until, he probably couldn't take it anymore and so he asked, "Ba, tig-boil mo ini?"

Immediately offended, I said, "Of course!" And I gave him a good glare for measure. And then I proceeded cutting the meat into smaller chewable pieces with a sharp kitchen knife -- and yes, I really needed a kitchen knife and a really, really sharp one.

Erbe continued to eat. Every now and then, he'd say, "matagas talaga, ba."

I would glare at him and then immediately bite on a piece of meat. I'd say, "It's not! See?"

Well, anyway, he kept eating. I didn't notice how fast or how little he ate. I just finished my meal and proceeded to giving Paige a bath.

Later this evening, he asked, "Ba, may tinapay pa kita?"
I pointed to the Gardenia loaf and asked, "Dai ka nakakakan dakul?"
He said, "Dai ba ta matagasun talaga si karne. Makulugon sa halanuhan."

My poor husband. I completely forgot he had a bad case of sore throat. He didn't want to offend me, so he just opted to eat my mechado, despite the fact that the meat was torturing his throat. :(

He's like that. Sometimes, he's just way too considerate and kind for his own good. That is why I told him he has a pretty room waiting for him in Heaven. Sabi nga, "Good boy, good boy, ang bait mo naman sana kunin ka na ni Lord!" :) KIDDING!!! It'd kill me if that happens...




"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

1 Gorgeous People Said --:

-=- jinx -=- said...

hahaha!

remember when a wife's pregnant and she's ugly as sin and as fat as a walrus? then she'd ask her husband if she still looks sexy, and he'd lie and say "you're the most beautiful and the sexiest woman in the world."

kinda reminds me of that. hahaha!