Apr 21, 2009

Veronice Decides to Die (Yes, Yet Again!)

Have you ever wondered why people wear neckties when they hate wearing them? Ties are like shackles that seemingly bind people to the banal routines that everyday living seems to require.

Have you ever wondered how it is like to run around naked without caring what other people might think? Sussette once told me that she'd rather go insane than commit suicide. I found it rather curious. She said, "I wouldn't even care what people would think. After all, I'd be insane."

Have you ever come across a book that really -- and I mean really -- made you think outside the box?
Have you ever read a book that made you reconsider your beliefs and rethink right and wrong?
I can never express how much this book touched me. It made me think -- really, really think, that perhaps it's not the "insane" who are unlucky or unfortunate -- perhaps, it is us.

Because.


We don't have the capacity to run around naked - and not care.

Of course, you can say a lot and dish out your own arguments. Perhaps, my statements will offend those who are suffering from any form of mental illnesses. But don't take me for a presumptuous fool because I know what I am saying. I can never presume to know that I know better and that what I am saying is right. All I am saying is that I know how it is. I have seen the ends of pendulum. I have seen the edge. I am just so glad that this book made me rethink things and see them differently -- otherwise, I would be so scared.

Sorry for being so cryptic. Some people who knows our story, however, would understand.

Anyway, there is a movie of it now and I can't wait to see if Sarah Michelle Gellar gave justice to Veronica Decides to Die. Well, Paulo Coelho said she did and he's the freakin' author - so, let's see.






"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

4 Gorgeous People Said --:

Abu Jabu said...

piebuko, the sussette you're speaking of is this sussette? http://sussette.blog.friendster.com/

Tinggay said...

Yep, that's setay po. why?

abujabu said...

he he he, sabi na daw! there are only a settes in this world who'd rather go crazy and run around naked than commit suicide. he he he, we used to spend hours and hours talking about out of this world things like relativity, the end of the world and apong's miserable lovelife, he he he , i miss this girl.

Tinggay said...

hehe. yep, one and the same settie. we used to spend hours just talking of the same things as well. life and love. hehe.
yes, we did talk about apong's lovelife. After all, I saw him miserably sobbing over Malu before sa luwas kang dorm mi. hehe