Aug 25, 2009

Iggy's - Singapore's Best Restaurant

Working online, I get to write all sorts of articles for various websites. I once wrote a series of articles covering the best chefs and restaurants in the world. The articles included video clips, recipes and reviews. So, basically, I completely immersed myself in El Pellegrino World's 100 Best Restaurants list. I drooled over recipes and pictures of world-class cuisines.

Overtime, I developed a gnawing desire to visit all of these restaurants. I wanted - and still want - to dine at Ferran Adria's El Bulli and try the cuisine at Fat Duck's.

Now, being in Asia, I knew that there is much ado going on about Singapore's Iggy's. It has been named as Asia's Best Restaurant, and aside from Les Creations De Narisawa of Japan, it is the only restaurant in Asia that made it to El Pellegrino's World's 50 Best Restaurants list. That's definitely something else! You do not mess with El Pellegrino's.

For chefs and restaurateurs, this is the ultimate achievement. Well, aside from the Michelin Stars of course. But you do not get into El Pellegrino's if you do not have at least one measly Michelin Guide star!

Anyway, after a lot of nagging, my friend finally conceded to eat at Iggy's. If you are a foodie, you do not turn your nose up at world-class cuisine. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. After all, the price of the food is not a joke.

If you are a cheapskate, however, who doesn't give a flying shit about good food, you would not understand. Forgive me, but having a chef for a boss has certainly changed my opinion about fine dining. After all, he's not your average chef. He is the executive chef at Mission Hills Golf Club, the biggest golf club in the world.

Needless to say, I'm freaking green with envy when my friend sent me pictures of Iggy's and their food. Well, he certainly has come a long way - and I am certainly happy for him. He used to treat me to Bigg's dinner for menial and demeaning tasks like writing notes for him. Now, he's dining in world-class restaurants. I intend to nag him to dine at other world-class restaurants in Asia. :)

Anyway, here are his pictures of Singapore's Iggy's.











0 Gorgeous People Said --: