Aug 10, 2009

Krispy kremes and Casava Cakes

My baba is finally home. Everything is alright again. Everything is as it should be.

His pasalubong -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


A box of Krispy Kreme Donuts from my lovely sister-in-law.

Oprah is right. These are delicious. However, these donuts have practically created World War 3 in our house. Earlier this afternoon, my mother, Paige and I went out. Before leaving, Mommy asked for a piece of the donut, so I brought the whole box downstairs. She ate half of a donut and then left the box alone. The box was still filled with donuts when Mommy, Paige and I left for Centro.

When we got home an hour later, the whole box was empty. Paige's yaya informed me that Daddy ate everything. It was frustrating to say the least considering the fact that my father has Type 2 Diabetes. Anyway, on the way to the wake, I asked Daddy about it. He was so pissed because apparently, he only ate one piece.

Oh boy, oh boy, there was hell to pay. And hell was paid. He bit Yaya's head off when we got home. The poor girl didn't know that my aunt and my cousin (yes, Kris, Nana Viol and Joy) ate everything. She only saw Daddy took one piece and thought that he was the culprit.

Another pasalubong -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My favorite! Casava Cake from Laguna.

For the past five years, this has been a cause of discourse between Erbe and me. I keep asking for casava cake every time he goes to Manila and he always comes home with coconut (buko) pie. Often the scene starts with me eyeing the pie distastefully and ending with me exclaiming, "Dai mo talaga matanda-tandaan ano! HABO KO KAYAN!!!"

When I was taking the bar exams back in 2007, he bought several boxes of coconut pies and brought it to me. I was so mad when I saw the boxes because once again, he forgot that I am not crazy about these pies. I almost threw the damn boxes away. We just decided to give the boxes to the pedicab drivers in front of the condo where I was staying. We made some drivers very happy that day.


You would think with "piebuko" and "bukopienitere" that I love coconut pies. No, I don't. I never liked it. "Buko pie" to me, however, is Erbe, thus, bukopienitere and piebuko. This was the first thing that he gave me. We weren't a couple then. We weren't even dating yet. We were only officemates. He went to Manila one summer and I asked for casava cake, he brought me a box of coconut pie.

My aunt raised her eyebrow though when she asked me for my email address and I answered, "bukopienitere". She said, "bukopienitere saimo...bastos!"

Geeze.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: