Aug 14, 2009

The Tongue Story



Absentmindedly, I watched Paige climbed at the back of her father's chair. It was too late before I realized what she was doing. She fell off the chair and landed on her butt.

Surprisingly, she did not cry.

She cries at the simplest bump or scratch but I think she knew she'd get an "I-told-you-so" if I hear the littlest whimper, so she didn't even try.


I thought that after falling off, she'd give it a rest. But no, stubborn like her mother, she once again tried to climb on the back of her father's chair. This time, I said, "Sige! Sige! Gusto mo pa sigurong mahulog ka dian, ano? Mapapasa dian ang payo mo! Sige!"

She knew I meant business, so she stopped, turned to me, looked at me warily and started to stuck her tongue out at me. But before her tongue could proceed further, I said, "Sige, sige, pulbaran mo lang ta pipitikun ko yang dila mong yan."


Her tongue suddenly did a somersault, and she said, "Ay, 'i man po, ikot ko lang o? ikot ko lang."


I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing.


0 Gorgeous People Said --: