Aug 28, 2009

Top 15 College Memories

They say that High School life is the best. I beg to disagree. Oh, it wasn't anybody's fault but mine. Those were my Joey Potter days. Do you know that scene when Dawson first saw Jen - and Joey was just livid with jealousy , pain and anger? Well, I was stuck in that Joey Potter moment . I was freaking miserable. Geeze. Looking back, it was rather pathetic. I don't know how many times I'd beg off from going to school by pretending I had diarrhea!

I had to report to the comfort room repeatedly just so Daddy would not doubt the truthfulness of my lie. :) I figured diarrhea as an excuse was way better than migraine. Why? Well, with diarrhea, I was able to watch TV and read pocketbooks without raising suspicions. :)

Anyway, aside from the fact that I had great friends - I wasn't too happy with High School.

Now, college is another matter. I loved College. It was fun. I was having so much fun I failed Accounting 101! My friends and I all did, but it was inevitable. We were cutting classes to watch movies for god's sake! Anyway, after we were forced to take the subject again, we became fairly good students. I have really good memories of College. Of course, some memories stand out more than the others. Here are my top 15 - and oh, yeah, Jinx and Tinapay, I'd like to read about yours as well. So, here's my list -

1. Falling off and rolling on the stairs from the third floor to the second floor of the JH Building. Practically hundreds of students watched me literally fall from grace! After rolling off the stairs, I laid on my back, absorbing the humiliation, staring up at everyone looking down at me, and then I turned to a friend who said, "O, Tere, anong ginigibo mo dian?"

2. Acting as emcees with Bes - and Bes kept giggling in front of everyone inside the UNC gymnasium. It was the awarding ceremony of the INTER-OFS. Everyone was there and she kept giggling!

3. Commerce graduating class retreat and my feet smelled like a thousand dead rats! I almost died when we were asked to remove our shoes. I used to have sweaty feet, so sue me!

4. Preparing the stage design for Sounds and Sights and someone threw a stone at us (probably because we were very noisy at 2 o'clock in the morning while painting in the middle of the street) - and the stone hit me!

5. Preparing for College Debate overnight and failing miserably during the actual debate. The AS Department really kicked our ass.

6. Bessie's 18th birthday and we all went to Tabaco.

7. Bigg's Diner with Bes after we completed all our PE subjects. We celebrated! No more 7:30 classes and crazy PE teachers. The memory is so fresh - I can still taste the Bigg's fried chicken we each ordered that day!

8. Isarog hiking with the fellows during my last year in college. It was one hell of an experience! That was not hiking! That was effing rock climbing sans the ropes!

9. Sleepovers at Sussette's. We didn't really bother with sleep. though. We just talked and talked and talked about boys - stupid boys mostly. :)

10. Bes and me at P's apartment - probably one of the most painful moments in my life. I bet he doesn't know this.

11. Late night talk marathons with Ryan about life and love

12. Effing humiliating kill-me-now field demonstration where I was forced to wear an excruciatingly stupid neon-colored dress and dance to the sound of cha-cha-cha

13. March 19, 1999 - That first - ah, what did we call it then? ah yes, Sixpence.

14. My I-can't-live-without-you-drama with Bes

15. And lastly, an unexpected evening under the biggest tree in the whole university













So, now guys, it's your turn!

Maybe, Tinay, you can end your list with your grand graduation ceremony! :)

0 Gorgeous People Said --: