Aug 18, 2009

When Was the Last Time?

When was the last time I wrote you a love letter?
I hardly remember.
In fact, I don’t remember.
Perhaps, I have just gotten used to the everyday hums and thrums of our lives that I hardly remember to acknowledge how you still rock my world like you always have.

When was the last time I said I love you?
I never fail to say it, do I?
But then, when the monster rear its ugly head, all my “I-love-you’s” are ripped apart by angry and poisonous words that are released from my lips.
But I do.
So much.
I always have – and I will until I take my breath for the last time.
That’s a vow I intend to keep.

When was the last time I said thank you?
I did yesterday.
The other day.
Today.
You deserve all the thank-you’s in the world because you are who you are.
Because love is more than a word to you.
It’s more than a commitment,
Or an act.
Love pours out from you steadily with every breath that you take.
And I am so blessed because of it.
Few people can say that they have been loved as much as I have been.

When was the last time I said I’m sorry?
I cannot count how many times I have almost reduced you to tears because of my cruelty.
And I am so, so sorry for those times and for those words that broke your heart.

But you do know, right?
You know that you still do.
You still rock my world.
You can still make me laugh and cry at the same time.
And my heart still beats fast every time I hear the sound of your footsteps.
And I still smile every time I hear you laugh.
It’s an affliction – a good one.
A permanent one.

So, when was the last time I wrote you a love letter?


0 Gorgeous People Said --: