Oregano (Scientific name: Origanum vulgare) is also known as Wild Marjoram, Mountain Mint, Origanum, Wintersweet and Winter Marjoram.
A picture began circulating in November. It should be "The Picture of the Year," or perhaps, "Picture of the Decade." It won't be. In fact, unless you obtained a copy of the paper, you probably will never see it.
I have never been affected by any story as much as Baby P's story has affected me. Yesterday evening, I found myself sobbing twice! I just can't get over the sheer horror of the story.
In my country, it has never happened before that the media and the people have been forbidden to actually reveal the names and faces of TC and SB, the murderers of Baby P.
Over the holy week break, I spent the entire four days just watching the 15 episodes of this Korean show. Yes, I am a self-confessed Korean drama addict. I already have my favorite actors and actresses; albeit, I don’t know their names.
Mar 31, 2010
I've finally eaten fish this morning. That is a huge deal because I did not vomit. My stomach still feels queasy though every now and then, but overall, I am doing helluva lot better than before.
Anyway, here is my 12-week ultrasound. We brought Paige along and she was very excited to see the baby moving.
My mother is huge fan of Kris Aquino. Don't ask me why. She just likes Kris' "honesty". Anyway, Kris went here last Saturday to campaign for her brother and to cover for him as the speaker in UNC's graduation ceremony.
Although I promised mamu that I would accompany her to UNC, I really didn't think that she was hell-bent on going until she texted me at half past five in the afternoon, "Ne, where are u?"
"Dagus po kita, mama?"
"Syempre. Magdigdi ka na ta mau akong kaiba."
"Pa centro ka na lang po, ma. Sain kita mahilingan?"
"Yaon na ako digdi sa UNC, sa may flagpole. Yaon na si Kris, dali na!"
There's no arguing with your mother, so we hurried to UNC. I was supposed to meet Tinapay, but the mother was alone and I felt bad about letting her fight off the crowd on her own. After all, she's a senior citizen. How can I forget that? She's always brandishing her senior citizen card about,
"May discount baga ako ning beinte, miss",
"si diyes kong discount kuanun mo, uya ang card",
"Erbe, ipadiscount mo ako sa entrance".
Mar 19, 2010
Running thoughts… I want to tweet them, but I thought why not blog them all? So, here goes.
- Off the top of my head, do I know someone from Korea? If I do, can I visit you?☺
- The reader from Dubai is back. I think I already know who you are. Well, aren’t you pleased about that?
- I wonder if there’s foul play with Toni Rose’s son’s death. Why the need for instant cremation?
- Pregnancy is not a walk in the park. I’d sock the lights off any woman who tells me she had ‘fun” while vomiting her guts out. Seriously, I can’t be a trooper about this. The nausea and constant retching will get to you. And unless, you have experienced this, don’t you dare judge me. If you’re a guy reading this and judging me, I wish you’d grow a vagina and size G boobs.
- I really don’t like seeing Gladys Reyes’ armpits in Showtime everyday. That alone can turn me off the show for good.
- I want to write a love story and a poem.
- I really can’t decide whether to go back to school this summer or in November.
- I really don’t know what to do with a baby boy. I’ll probably put bows and ribbons on him.
- I wonder if we’d get slippers from Jakarta. Oh, well. It’s a miracle if we do.☺
- Nothing tastes good - absolutely nothing! Oh, god, I miss eating food and enjoying them.
- I am so stressed out. I need a good back massage. Oh, oh, why not ask for one, right now? What’s the use of having a husband who can do a mean back massage?
That’s about it for now. Imagine, tweeting all of that? Or putting them all up as Facebook status? Geeze.
Mar 16, 2010
As I write this blog post, there is one thing different about me. I am now finally 30 years old. It shouldn't matter much. After all, I don't feel any different, but I feel like I am in a race against time. I am pressured to accomplish everything that I want to accomplish within the next 10 years - OR before I hit the bigger 4-0. The one thing I am grateful for though is this feeling of knowing. I know what I want and I know I can get what I want. This feeling is new to me. I have been flailing for the last 10 years.
So, how was my birthday? We celebrated it a day earlier. It was not what I had planned but it was a fun day, so thank you bi. :)
Mar 12, 2010
Here are the pictures I took of her and Cori while we were chatting. :)
Mar 10, 2010
Quoting The Queen of Meme:
I actually believe that if "shoulds" and "nevers" were banned from the English language we'd all be better off. Who needs to live in absolutes? Should evokes unnecessary and unhealthy guilt.
Never is never enough no matter what you should be doing. Not ever! See? But in this fill-in-the-blank exercise you can be as dogmatic and brutal as you dare.
After today's meme, lose the words.
Seriously. You Should. Oh, never mind.
1. If I never see Justin Bieber in Twitter's Trend List again it will be too soon.
2. Should I meet my Maker tomorrow, I would ask for one more day on earth to prepare my hubby for my passing. I have to find a hot babe first.
3. Never in my life have I vomited like I did today.
4. I should always allow more time to play with Paige.
5. I should've never listened to love songs while under the influence of pregnancy-induced hormones. I exclaimed my love for everyone. It's embarrassing!
6. I should spend more money on books because these make me happy. I should spend less money on food because it makes me sad to lose all that money and gain all that weight!
7. Your ATM pin and email address password should never be shared with strangers.
8. Never in a million years would I want you to know that I wonder if you went through the same thing I went through - or even half of it. You dumb ass.