Apr 9, 2010

A Letter to a Friend

The city was scheduled for a rotating brownout yesterday and I had nothing to do, so I decided to go through old letters and diaries. It was fun - as usual. It was a walk down memory lane - as usual. I found myself giggling over some stuffs. I found myself aghast at times. There were names that were written in codes and I can't remember them anymore. Anyways, I came across this letter that I wrote which apparently I never gave. I don't know why I didn't, but I didn't.  Anyway, I'd like to share a portion of it.

November 30, 2001
10:37 PM


Sometimes, I dream of a man who would hold my hand when I'm scared even though I know he is too. Of a man who would make me feel like I am the most beautiful girl in the world, who would make me believe that magic and miracles do happen. I close my eyes at night and whisper a silent prayer for someone who would do silly things with me, laugh with me and dance in the rain with me. I dream of someone who would share his dreams with me and cry with me.


I don't dream of a perfect man; although it sounds like I am. I just wish that he who is meant to love me with his soul would come soon.


You probably share the same dream. There are times when you wish that the person you love would be HIM - you know, the one meant for you - but often than not, that person may not be. I don't think you would want to miss out on the person you are supposed to be with because when he passed by you were looking elsewhere. Don't close your eyes then because you might just miss him. It'll help if you could cross your fingers too because he does seems to be rather lost, doesn't he? When he finally comes, I think it'll be fair to give him some hell first before you finally kiss him welcome. After all, he has made you wait this long.


There is one thing I assure you though - at this very minute, he might just be looking for you. Say a silent prayer then because he might be needing help finding his way home to you.



Me
Well, this one obviously, I now post here for another friend.


1 Gorgeous People Said --:

duhzeetmatter said...

Hehe... garo aram ko kung sisay yan. how did the matchmaking go? =)