Jan 17, 2005

the day mama watched the pigs



I would rather that i am still nursing on my mother's breast..

yes, i do.

growing old is tough. i don't know how everyone who is way older than me deals with all the responsibilities that goes along with growing up.. one of those responsibilities is worrying about my mama's health.. it would have been easy, if mama is different.

Two days ago, my mama was just diagnosed with heart enlargement.

(Enough with the "i'm so sorry about that"!)

my mama is a workaholic. No, she does not work in an office from 8 to god knows what hour. she is a stay-in mom.

and she is also a doctor, a nurse, an architect, an accountant, a financer, a repairman, a cook, a washer, and she also occupies every other job u can think of.. yep! that is my mom.

and she loves four things:
1. ME (but of course!)
2. my dad.
3. my sister
4. and the pigs.

Geeze! u'd be amazed bout how much she loves those bloody smelly pigs!

No, we do not have the typical farm.. what we have is a house with a big backyard, where she stuffs, one big (like a cow) mother pig, and 12 noisy smelly little ones, including the youngest and smallest one I named Samson (why? that's another story), and pretty soon, there will be catfishes and chickens to join the collection.

after being diagnosed with heart enlargement, my mom's hobbies still consist of three things:
1. Feeling how her heart is continually enlarging and complaining bout it incessantly.
2. Yet does not stop working.
3. While she watches the pig 24/7, or almost. Really, she just watches the pigs!

And this is one of those days..

Today, she sat there watching this particular pig, who had an accident with the mother pig, and broke its feet. she watches it, so she could protect it and feed it when the 12 pigs battle for the 14 nipples of the mother. How 12 pigs can argue and create such a big ruckus over a nipple when there are two extra nipples available is beyond me!

all the while she was watching, she kept complaining of how sleepy she is and how her heart pains her. Yes, i know what u're thinking, "why didn't she just bloody sleep?!" i said that too..

but u see it's the pigs we're talking of here..i think i have thoroughly expounded on how much she loves them.

finally, the pigs slept..so mama trudgingly went upstairs.. Five minutes later, i peeked on her room, and she was asleep.

Two minutes later, the piglets started squealing.

And she woke up, just like that, ran downstairs again, and off to the backyard..

And started watching the pigs..

Again.

mama loves the pigs.

but I, I am planning 101 ways to skillfully torture the little beasts!

if only mama doesn't love them that much.

*sigh

0 Gorgeous People Said --: