Jun 6, 2009

Honesty or Stupidity?

Erbe attended a wedding today. I didn't come because - well, I didn't feel like it. It was his college batch mate's wedding. Fortunately, I didn't attend the wedding because it would have been really awkward. Apparently, my ex was the best man.

Anyway, he got home at about 8 o'clock in the evening. There was something about his behavior and his mood that struck me as off. You know how it's like? When you are with someone 24/7 a day, you get to know him or her really, really well. You tend to know when something is bothering him or her. And I knew precisely what was in Erbe's mind, and so I asked, "So, how was the wedding."

I got a nonchalant answer, "Okay man."

And I went in for the kill, "So, who is she? Sisay yan nahiling mong yan na hanggang ngunian iniisip mo pa giraray?"

He said, "mayo man."

I played the c'mon-tell-me-I'm-your-best-friend card and said, "Sige na, ba, share..."

He opened his mouth and dug his grave, "Si N, ba."

Stupid jerk, I thought. But I laughed and said, "Hay naku ba!" After all, I still had to know more, right? So, I continued, "O, ano ta naiisip mo pa?"

He again stupidly opened his mouth and answered, "Naka-backless kaya! Naisip ko na hinihilot ako kato kang pag-intern mi!"

Yup, stupid jerk, honest, but really, really stupid.

"Nagayunan ka?"

HUGE NOTICEABLE PAUSE.

"Dai man!"

It was at this point that I reached over and pinched his ear. So, yes, I am not talking to him. I am giving him the Russia-US Treatment.
It's chillingly cold here. :)


What's keeping me from going berserk? I am amused by his honesty.
He's kind of like that. He doesn't lie and it sucks especially if I need him to lie. So, whenever we have to lie about anything, I asked him to "not say anything at all and leave it all up to me." :)

For the meantime, I will leave him sweating, thinking that I am freaking furious at him. It's fun! teeheehee...


0 Gorgeous People Said --: