Jun 19, 2009

On a Need to Know Basis

Do you hate it when you don't know how to do something and you have to rely on someone else to do the job for you? It can get so irritating especially if you know you're being duped into paying a large sum of money for the job.

We needed to get a router installed. I was vastly irritated and highly annoyed when the technician charged us P1,700 for the whole setup.


I knew I could get it for less. So, yes, stubborn me I had to bargain. We eventually agreed on P800.00 - that's P900 less than the initial offer. I was still irritated though that the toad tried to dupe me into paying more.

Anyway, this got me into thinking. So, I decided to enroll in a computer repair training program. Of course, this amused Erbe -
as usual. But since I found a scholarship program where I would get P60-a-day allowance on top of free tuition fee, I was able to convince him to train along with me. We start in July. Great, huh?

After that, I am going to learn how to repair cellphones. :)



----------------
Listening to: Colbie Caillat - Bubbly

3 Gorgeous People Said --:

Anonymous said...

alas but there are many, many toads who repair computers.tama yan,mag-adal ka,tapos mapatukdo ako saimo.hehe...tinayf

Tinggay said...

hahaha... ano man daw kung may manunudan ako. maray maray man ngani tinapay mag-adal. hehe. ang problema 2 months daa ang duration, whole day everyday. garo problema yan. heh

abu jabu said...

aacckk!!o_O mahal talaga! 1,700 just to install the router??! next time call me and i'll do it for free, he he

I hope he activated the security settings lalo na kung wifi yan though (mac filtering, hidden network, password and encryption)