Jun 7, 2009

Coloring Barney

I love art. I always have.

When I have migraines – really bad ones – I always try to kill the pain by sketching. I think focusing on drawing helps me forget about the throbbing pain.

Actually, I have always been involved in art. I was a member of the Art Ministry in High School and I spent four years of my College life decorating large and small stages in our university.

Over the years, I have gifted people with their sketched images. Of course, I am very particular about this. I just don’t draw “by request”. Also, I usually give sketches when I have no money for birthday gifts. Like this one I made for Erbe several years ago.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Nope, I’m not a genius at it. But I love it. The place where I go to when I am sketching, drawing or painting is one of the best places in the world. It’s a peaceful state. It’s almost like dying happily – or like dying while in the throes of orgasm. :)

Over the years, I have forgotten though to grab a piece of paper and a pencil to draw. Life happened and I had – still have – no time to allow myself to get lost in my own little artsy world.

These days though, I have found myself coloring books alongside Paige. No, it’s far from being artsy-stuffy. I am coloring Barney for god sakes. I am also making doodles for Paige, improving Barney’s picture so to speak. I encourage Paige to color Barney red if she wants. After all, anything is possible with art.


These moments though with Paige have revealed a gift to me. I have found out that I can still go to that little artsy world of mine even if I am just putting some clothes on Barney (because the blasted dinosaur is always butt naked). This is a good thing, a really good thing.

Sometimes, I wonder if Paige would have a talent in art. After all, she has this talent genetically covered. Her father received the Artist of the Year Award when he graduated from college, so I am wondering if Paige would inherit the gift. Crossing my fingers for this one.



0 Gorgeous People Said --: