Jun 17, 2009

2:16 AM

I'm happy today. Well, I'm always happy; although, I get grumpy from lack of sleep. Anyway, as I was saying, I am happy about several things today:

a. Paige is ready for school! My mother got her into this daycare thingy. I thought that she wasn't ready for it, but she surprised me. She was very attentive. I thought she'd be jumping all over the place., but she wasn't. I'm crossing my fingers though. She might get bored in a week, and she'd give her teacher hell.

b. I finally found the time to buy a new charger. I also got a memory card reader. And I bought them for just P160.00. :) I figured I could chalk it up to free trade instead of bad quality.

c. I discovered oolong tea - and damn, it's fine, fine, fine. I can't convince my sister, however, to drink it. I'm still on a mission though.

d. I'm blessed with work that pays well and that allows me to stay at home. I wonder if the bosses would still allow me to work if I take a 6-month leave by next year. :)

e. My sister told me she and Cori would be home in time for Paige's birthday next month. Crossing my finger for that one. She tends to change her mind in a blink. We're planning to splurge though and go to wherever Mommy wants. She wants to go to Boracay, so sis???

f. I had a day's rest. I was supposed to go to Cabusao today, but I decided not to. Instead, I decided to take a personal day off and watch Boys Over Flowers. again. Yep, I did, so shoot me. I really needed the break.

g. I just love being alive. Who wouldn't? I wouldn't want to miss out on anything Paige decides to do next.

Which reminds me...

Earlier this afternoon, Paige, Erbe and I were at Chowking. Erbe and I were talking about something (I forgot about what now). We were so engrossed about the subject that we ignored Paige shouting at the top of her lungs inside the restaurant.

Oh, I did turn and shushed her, but I failed to pay attention to whatever she was shouting. Anyway, we continued with our conversation while Paige continued to shout. (I know, she's got awful manners. We're trying to curb her embarrassing ways though.)

While laughing over whatever Erbe was saying, I noticed that everyone was staring at us and giggling as well. The waiter mopping the floor was giggling surreptitiously as well. Curious, I glanced around to see what everyone was all smiley-miley about. I turned to Paige again and shushed her again. It was only then that I really heard what she was shouting. And boy, was I embarrassed!

So, what was she shouting?

She was informing everyone that her mother was smelly.
"Bata mo mama!!! Bataun mo!!!"


I took a bath, I swear! I had Davidoff's Cool Water sprayed all over me! But people didn't know that, right? I couldn't very well go from one table to another praying for them to please, "smell me." Needless to say, it was mortifying! It was funny, so I just chalked it up to one of those things that Paige did to embarrass me. I'm counting on her to make me proud though in the future. So, there. :)



0 Gorgeous People Said --: