Jun 27, 2009

R.I.P. MJ

I swore I wouldn't jumped on the bandwagon and blog about Michael Jackson. I refused to feel ridiculously affected by his passing - unfortunately, I am.

I grew up listening to Ate Let obsessing over him. She loved MJ so much. She practically thought the sun sets and rises on his ass. By the time I was seven, I already knew who he was. I was fascinated with his Moonwalk and his dancing.


The next person I met obsessed with MJ was my perpetual seatmate in grade school and high school, Mark Yap. He was obsessed with Michael Jackson. He knew all his songs and he could dance like MJ.

When we were in second year high school, Mark was asked to perform ala MJ in one of our school's programs. I was assigned to make his costume. I spent the whole night creating his costume which to my dismay - and Mark's humiliation -- all fell out while he was dancing. Fortunately, he was able to finish his performance.

Anyway, I refuse to be affected by Michael Jackson's death; although I must admit I was rooting for him to make a successful comeback. He should have had that last performance. He should have been able to leave a last piece of good memory that people would remember him by - something that would overshadow the darkness surrounding his personal life. He shouldn't have died thinking that people would remember him as "wacko jacko".

Needless to say, I am affected. Damn it.

I just visited mininova.com and practically every torrent on the homepage has something to do with Michael Jackson. The comments made me feel all choked up.

I said, "Suya man! Nahihibi na lugod ako! Garo ako atot!"
Paige heard me and asked, "Hibi ka mama?"
I nodded, "iyo po."
Paige continued, "Garo ka atot mama?"
The question caught me off guard and so I started laughing while tears continued to pour from my eyes. It was one of those silly moments - moments that make life truly worthwhile.



----------------
Now playing: Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone

0 Gorgeous People Said --: