Jun 3, 2009

Visiting Cabusao

On top of being so darn busy, I also lost my blogging muse, so I am sorry if my blog fails to amuse.

I do not know if this has happened to you but somebody actually emailed me and complained to me that my blog is a bit tad boring these days. Yes, the person actually used the word "boring". I was asked to -- and I quote --, "spice it up!" It was unexpected, so instead of being offended, I was highly amused. In fact, it made my day. It was flattering in a twisted way. :)

I still giggle every time I'd remember the complain.

Anyway, I still have nothing interesting to say.

Yesterday though, I went with Erbe and Mammy to Cabusao to bring my uncle home. He was getting mightily irritated being stuck here. It was the first time I went back to my "real" hometown after six years of not visiting. After I saw the place and have inhaled the farm-sea-carabao-dung permeated air, a repetitive thought struck me - "Darn, this place looks so small!"


Indeed, everything was small. I used to spend my summers there. I would ride the bike, run on the farm and climb the trees. The whole place looked so big then. The farms were boundless. The trees were giants. To me, the place was our very own neverland where we never really had to grow up!

I don't know what changed in me that I started to see the place differently. Is it the fact that I grew up? Is it the fact that I have seen more? Is it the fact that the world has become scarier and bigger? Whatever the reason was, my view of the place is certainly different. But what didn't change, however, was this feeling of "coming home". It was still there. It still made me want to cry.


Anyway, I visited the places that we used to go to when we were small. They have disappointingly changed as well.

The "breakwater" -- as we used to call it -- where my cousins, sister and I would spend hours just listening to the sea thunders whenever it struck the cemented walls is gone. Oh, there is still that itty bitty part protruding, but there are no waters lapping on the walls.

The "grotto" with steep stairs that we would climb while panting heavily, just so we would be able to see the remarkable view at the top has disappointed me tremendously. There are no majestic views of the seas and the mountains. Just trees and more trees blocking the remarkable view beyond.

Yes, little sis, our "barce" has definitely changed. It's not Neverland anymore. It's definitely time to grow up. :(


So, what was Erbe's reaction to the place?
Well, he kept going on and on about how "deserted" the roads are. He definitely wouldn't give me an inch, always pointing out that Lagonoy has buses and big streets.




Here's a video of our visit:






----------------
Now playing:
Sugarland - Already Gone

3 Gorgeous People Said --:

-=- jinx -=- said...

ahahahahahaha!!!

nasaroan ka ni erbe! yan kaya, sige ka sabi na "boondock" ang lagonoy. hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

haha nata my comment made ur day?! maray ta u didnt take it as an insult hehe

Tinggay said...

hehe. iu ngani jinx! nakakaurag. hanggang ngunian sige pa giraray hirit. dai man kaya pwedeng dai sia iiba ta sia si nagdra-drive! suya. hehe

Hoy Anonymous, comment comment ka pa dian. baka magreklamo ka na naman. hehe. yah, kinda made my day. it was amusing to have someone complained about how boring my blog was getting. 'twas funny. napapangirit pa man ngani ako pagnaririmduman ko.