Aug 22, 2009

Sheer Idiocy


Erbe and I slept at god-knows-what-time - I guess 4 or 5 in the morning. At exactly 9 o'clock in the morning, I woke up to a severely stifling heat and a lot of sweat. My first thought, "Pucha. Mayong kuryente."

Pissed, I grabbed the phone beside me and called Casureco. (As you know, I have a long history with Casureco).

But I was even more pissed off when I heard the answer, "Scheduled brownout po yan, ma'am. Hanggang 5 PM po yan."


Defungal.

Scheduled??? Why weren't we informed?! Another work day delayed. *sigh

Anyway, I decided to get up and go downstairs for breakfast. Paige was with her Yaya eating her own breakfast. I gave her a grumpy morning kiss and grabbed a cup of coffee. I then sat down in front of the phone with the intention of calling Cheryl just so I can ask her if I could go to her house - and sleep there.

But before I was able to, Paige's Yaya spoke up.

"Ate, pano daw po ni si baby?"
That caught my attention, I turned and asked moodily, "Tano?"
She answered, "Tulong aldaw na po baga makulog ang payo ko."
WTF?! What does that got to do with Paige, I thought. So, I snidely asked, "O ano?"
With my tone of voice, she should have known that I was not in the mood for an asinine answer, but she opened her mouth and continued, "Baka po mahawa po sako."

Pause.

You could just imagine my reaction. If looks could kill, she would have died right there and then.

Imagine. The pure idiocy to suggest an infectious headache. WTF?!

Yep, I said something scathing, biting and mean. But I don't want to go into that anymore. :)

All I can say is that you don't mess with a sleepy, grumpy woman at war with the electric company. Seriously, sometimes, I feel like that freaking company is singling us out. Is it because we're outside Naga City and bordering Afghanistan? Difungal talaga.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: