Nov 29, 2008

The Regular Caller

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


We don't have electricity 3 days or more every week. It sucks big time because I am forced to work at night and suffer the heat while sleeping in the morning. Fortunately, the air conditioner has been fixed so I can turn the thing on full blast at night, so the room will stay cool for several hours during the day.

Apparently, they are changing the Diversion Road's electric poles. If you are not from here, trust me, it's a really long road. I figured they'd be finished by the turn of the century. Meanwhile, I'd be gritting my teeth 'til Kingdom come.

Anyway, since the regular power interruptions started, I became a regular caller of the electric company here. I call whenever I want. Yes, even at 3 o'clock in the morning! I figured if I can't sleep during the day because of the power outage, then they don't deserve to sleep at night -- or at least, have their sleep interrupted by a shrieking telephone.

I call them like three times a day or more -- actually, more. I even get Erbe to call them up just to ask, "What time will the electricity be back?" even though I know it's usually scheduled to be back by 5 pm.

I call so often that I am the household electricity reporter.


"Nana Viol, there is no electricity tomorrow, so you should wash your clothes now.
"


"Ma, there is no electricity tomorrow, so you should get Cho Melchor to finish what ever he is welding today."
Poor Cho Melchor who was ill was forced to work.


I didn't realize I was calling so often though -- which, I know, is absurd considering how many times I call them everyday -- until now when I called and heard someone said, "Si babaeng taga-Mabolo na naman yan.*"

*(It's that woman from Mabolo again)




"Review My Post and Get Paid! Seriously!"

0 Gorgeous People Said --: