Oct 18, 2009

Not AGAIN?!

Okay, after the encounter with the weird beggar yesterday, I was hoping I'd never have to see him ever again. EVER - you know, when-the-hell-freezes-over kind of ever. That kind.

Anyway, earlier this afternoon, we were on our way to pick up my busted cellphone from the repair shop when we had to stop because of the heavy traffic along the road in front of Bichara. Again, the car windows were open. When suddenly, a hand suddenly shoot up in front of me. Surprised, I turned and who did I saw? Yeah, right - the same old loony that I had a very pleasant encounter with yesterday. My first thought was, "Fuck! Not AGAIN?!"

Fate must have been having a helluva time laughing its ass off at my expense.

I started rolling up the window. Okay, I panicked. Forgive me, but the guy is scary. I swear! Anyway, I couldn't fully close the window because he stubbornly refused to remove his hand - and he was running along with the car. It was very dangerous, but we didn't want to stop because I was bloody scared. He didn't want to remove his hand and he kept running along with the car. Fortunately, we weren't really moving at a fast pace because of the traffic. Still, it was scary.

Seeing that the man fully intends to harass us until we give him money, I once again jumped onto the backseat. I'm pathetic, I know.

I miss Jack. Remember him? He wasn't scary. He was damn sweet. Yes, he could embarrass the hell out of you when he embraces you in public, but at least he didn't scare the hell out of me. And he was very happy with one peso.

1 Gorgeous People Said --:

The Kano said...

Really like your style. Great blog about the beggars. I'm an American expat living near Iloilo, and I don't have a problem with a little kid that might come up to me, but I do have a problem with the "lady" holding the naked baby smoking a cig, and evidently has not been missing many meals, pressing her damn nose against the window when I'm trying to eat at
Shakey's Pizza at SM Delgado. I ignore her, and after about 15 minutes she leaves the window, dresses the poor baby, and lights up another cig.
I'm going to follow this blog, pretty cool. You are the only Filipino blog that I have seen the word "fuck". Really, a great blog!