Apr 21, 2008

Living and Dying

I woke up at around 7 am.
Paige was already awake and was demanding for her "dada" (her favorite mickey mouse pillow) and her "mamam". (a bottle of milk).

I was geared up for work today and I was planning of going to the hospital to visit my friend who is going to give birth to a baby girl today. I was really happy about this one because she lost her last baby (a week after she gave birth) which was really devastating for her.

She did not have an easy pregnancy with this baby. She had to go on a complete bed rest for months and months. So, I'm really hoping they'll pull through and they'll both be fine. She waited for two years for another baby after she lost the first one.

Anyway, after fixing Paige her "mamam", I heard my cellphone buzzed.

"Please pray for Mike's soul. He passed away this 12 am". -- the message read.


I was going, "Oh my god. Oh my god." over and over again.
It was a text from another good friend whose husband just passed away this morning.
I was deeply saddened by that news. I liked Mike. He was a good man. He loved my friend like crazy. He was a good father and a good husband. And he was barely 27 years old. I still do not know if he died from complications of his diabetes.

All I know is that I have two friends --

one celebrating a life.
one mourning a death.
It happened and it will happen all in one day.

It's funny. I am once again reminded of my mortality and everyone else's mortality.
I am also reminded of how little time is there left for all of us to truly lived a fulfilled life.
We can't be consumed by anger, hatred, greed, envy or bitterness.
There is so much to life that we should be grateful for and there are so many people we have to love before we lose the chance.

0 Gorgeous People Said --: