Oct 30, 2008

Shoti's Love Story

I don't know if Tinay visits my blog, but anyway, in case she still does --

Bobet went here the other night with his girlfriend, Michelle.

Shoti (Bobet) first courted her when she was 18 years old and he was 22. We were then in first year law. The first time he saw her, she intimidated him. She was just way too pretty. At that time, she was working at Greenwich, a pizza restaurant.

That night, we decided to have our dinner at Greenwich after our last class. Dressed in our ridiculous law outfits, we proceeded to Greenwich and it was Michelle who took our orders. It was hard not to notice her. We thought she looked like Rachel Leigh Cook. Bobet wanted to get her number, but he was afraid he'd get the cold shoulder. So, I asked for her number before we left.


Nothing came out of it, however. He was not her type. She thought she was -- well, boring. Shoti was brokenhearted. He eventually moved on and hooked up with another girl.

That all happened four years ago.


Anyway, a year ago, he suddenly called me up and asked me to go to her apartment and asked for her number because after all these years, he couldn't forget her. He was working in Manila and Michelle was living here in Naga.

I didn't really feel like suddenly appearing on her doorsteps. I felt really stupid because I haven't seen her for years and years! He kept asking and calling, so I figured, what the heck! So, one Sunday, after the mass, Erbe and I went to her apartment.


The minute she opened the door, I said, "Well, you probably don't remember me, but do you remember Bobet? He asked me to come here and ask for your number because after all these years, he says he can't forget you."

I felt really stupid. Really, really, really stupid.

But surprise, surprise! She wanted for him to contact her all along. She gave me her number and the rest is history. They have been together now for a year.

Great story, huh? I hope though it has a happy ending. I love my Shoti but that guy can be overwhelming.

Anyway, he mentioned that he saw Tinay and he said, "Magayunon na baga ito." :)

By the way, I got a pretty interesting comment on this post. You might want to know who finally spoke up in his own defense and under his own name.

2 Gorgeous People Said --:

LOREN said...

Great story, indeed. Thanks to you, the great match maker!

Tinggay said...

hehe...thanks Loren!