Feb 7, 2008

The Failed Baker


I wanted to bake. Being a lover of pastries and cakes, I wanted to bake my own cake or flan or anything. Since there is a sack of flour in the kitchen, I decided to try my inexistent baking skills by baking a loaf of bread. I wanted to make a chocolate-flavored bread.

After looking up a recipe in the cookbook, I promptly bought all the ingredients; and proceeded to mixing them. It's not as easy as it seemed like in the book. First and foremost, I am an idiot when it comes to baking. For instance, I don't know what sifting means.

Here's what my mixture looked like --


I then placed the mixture into the bread maker machine. Halfway through the machine broke. And the other option -- the oven like contraption -- broke too. I couldn't adjust the temperature. I was really frustrated.

I decided to cook the mixture ala pancake style --

Here's what it looked like --


I know it looks completely unappetizing.
But it sure tasted like heaven.
Take my word for it.
It's ugly though, huh?



















1 Gorgeous People Said --:

SheR. said...

Don't give up. As long as you love baking and know how good food tastes like, just keep trying. No one is born baker. :)